Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 5 | Now [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

listermint wrote: »
    If ive learned anything from Goldrush the DC10 can do anything. Its the solution to all the worlds problems, and it has air conditioning and a radio too.

or a DC 11 oooo

CAT-Dozer-D11-02.jpg

Jaysus where are you gonna get the diesel for that yoke, maybe a dredge could be used :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Liamalone wrote: »
    Rick got away from the herd by running, yet in his approach to the gates these slow moving zombies were hot on his heels somehow, Rick can't run for ****.

If this was all shot in one day didn't he use a lot of energy running between sites earlier in the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Liamalone wrote: »
    Rick got away from the herd by running, yet in his approach to the gates these slow moving zombies were hot on his heels somehow, Rick can't run for ****.

I thought it would have been more effective for him to collapse vomiting from the exertion as he got through the gates. Instead of next scene striding around looking fresh as a daisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

How far away from the Safe Zone was Glenn when he "got in the tad of bother" near the bins. I mean was it miles? Also same for Michonne et al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I thought it would have been more effective for him to collapse vomiting from the exertion as he got through the gates. Instead of next scene striding around looking fresh as a daisy.

Very true, I thought at the very least he would've created a gap from the slow moving 'walkers' easily let alone showing up at the gates in a photo finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Greyjoy wrote: »
    I thought it was a pretty mediocre episode. It really seemed like the writers were just 'spinning their wheels'. Given that last week's episode was Morgan's flashback we've had 2 whole episodes where the story has not moved forward in any real significant way (bar Rick suddenly appearing back at Alexandria).
    It's not that I want wall to wall action I just want the sense that the story is moving forward. Take Maggie & Aaron's trip down to the sewers. While it's a neat scene in and of itself you could have accomplished the same result with their conversation in the armory.

Two things stood out to me - why does Rick loudly lecture the townspeople about being quiet while standing within earshot of the herd? Why don't the sentries make some sort of cover or hide in the watchtower so that they can stand guard without being in plain sight of the herd?

This i think typifies the typical casual Walking Dead viewer and please don't take any offence at this its not directed at you just a lot of viewers , Maggie and Aarron's scene would have been pretty worthless if it had been just in the armory, She was set on heading on out looking for Glenn , and the attack in the sewer by the mutant zombies (who looked awesome btw) proved to her that should couldn't do it anymore and was now not only risking her life but also her childs she needed the fright to figure this out I think

Aaron's reasons although sort of selfish (he has a boyfriend) were totally justified , He felt responsible for the wolves finding Alexandria

On Rick I suppose he wanted everyone to hear him and being loud once to get across a message to everyone serves its purpose and would be worth it

On the lookout , There exactly that a lookout , I agree its not an ideal thing to have but you have to someone up there in case the lads come back (darryl glen and the rest)

I gave it an 8 I thought it was a superb episode it was Deanna's episode if you ask me she took it by the bollocks by the end after looking like she was going to fold and now looks to have renewed faith in keeping alexandria going if she dies I'll be very dissapointed as i really like her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭RoryMac

For me it was a fairly poor episode, it felt like I had missed an episode with no explanation of how things went wrong, how Rick escaped, Glenn missing, that Darryl & co were still trying to lead the main horde away from the town.

Writers are in danger of blowing the great opening to this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Pretty boring episode. Nothing but a filler episode. So ricks hand is fine then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Pretty boring episode. Nothing but a filler episode. So ricks hand is fine then?

I agree it was kinda boring and melodramatic. But filler episodes serve a purpose also, if the next episode was watched without having seen this ( and also morgens episode) im full sure many things that are going to happen just wouldnt add up. Ie. I believe deanna is going bat**** in the very near future.

Having said that i had to roll my eyes every time the reluctant doctor came on screen.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On Rick I suppose he wanted everyone to hear him and being loud once to get across a message to everyone serves its purpose and would be worth it

Why would Rick give the kid his gun with a single bullet and essentially tell him to shoot one of the walkers by the wall? That's the most puzzling part for me when he said to keep things quiet. Why would he not say that he would be glad to help him learn to shoot after the current crisis is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Old Perry wrote: »
    I believe deanna is going bat**** in the very near future.

Having said that i had to roll my eyes every time the reluctant doctor came on screen.

Ya Deanna is going crazy, no way does she make it to the end of the season!
    The doctor thing is so stupid and it was a bit too convenient that she's gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

5starpool wrote: »
    Why would Rick give the kid his gun with a single bullet and essentially tell him to shoot one of the walkers by the wall? That's the most puzzling part for me when he said to keep things quiet. Why would he not say that he would be glad to help him learn to shoot after the current crisis is over?

Was there a bullet in the gun? I thought he was just teaching him how to aim and relax while he pulled the trigger and it would just go click.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

link??

I was watching it on Sky, it just came up after the credits. I'm sure it'll be up on YouTube though.

siblers wrote: »
    I was watching it on Sky, it just came up after the credits. I'm sure it'll be up on YouTube though.

No he posted it. It was just the normal trailer that was on AMC that I'd seen already when i streated it lIve on sunday.. Could swear
    glenns face is in the rear view mirror of Abraham and Sasha s car just when it loops like they are goinfg to crash.
    Could be seeing things though.

Ya Deanna is going crazy, no way does she make it to the end of the season!
    The doctor thing is so stupid and it was a bit too convenient that she's gay.

Not convenient according to Eugene....... he had her marked

Speaking of the perv himself where is he and also Fr Gabriel is gone awol with all these funerals to tend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Discussion of episode 6 trailer it looks like?

Yeah, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

What's with all the episode 6 talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Lob some petrol/booze over the fence, light it up, job sorted. What's the big deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Not convenient according to Eugene....... he had her marked

Speaking of the perv himself where is he and also Fr Gabriel is gone awol with all these funerals to tend to.

Also carol didnt end any lives in this episode.

• Advertisement

Lob some petrol/booze over the fence, light it up, job sorted. What's the big deal?

There's thousands of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

No he posted it. It was just the normal trailer that was on AMC that I'd seen already when i streated it lIve on sunday.. Could swear
    glenns face is in the rear view mirror of Abraham and Sasha s car just when it loops like they are goinfg to crash.
    No.
    They are probably Saviors if they aren't just one shot characters. Glenn and Enid appear in episode 7 tieing up loose ends before MSF

No.
    They are probably Saviors if they aren't just one shot characters. Glenn and Enid appear in episode 7 tieing up loose ends before MSF

Where did you hear that. Surely such information hasn't been spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

You'd better hope
    it's not Glenn's face
    . Spoiler tags ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fire doesnt kill them, you would just create walking fireballs then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Oh SUFFICIENT fire would kill them, it would also melt the walls tho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tzar Chasm wrote: »

The dont have napalm ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Tzar Chasm wrote: »

And attract even more walkers. They're jerks like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I´v an few issues with the town. Half foot square holes placed around 5 feet off of the ground spaced 10 feet apart all around the wall with slides so they can be closed. Murder holes. Think about it. If 5 people stood by the front gate with re-bar spiking walkers near the gate, they´d have a hundred in an hour surely. Negatively the gate is now clogged with dead walkers but its an extra barrier. Now keep going to the murder holes and spiking. Leave the downed corpses to be trampled for a day or 2 and you could start the sequence again. Supplies running out would be an issue though. Ahem, pedantic much fizzypish......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Where did you hear that. Surely such information hasn't been spoiled.

It has been!

Advertisement