Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bohermeen or Kinvara?

Options
  • 06-11-2015 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I'm looking to do a half marathon in March. Which is the better overall experience - Kinvara or Bohermeen? I'm familiar enough with Kinvara, so aware that it's likely to be exposed enough, and has beautiful scenery! But is the course very tough? Is Bohermeen flatter?? And which is better organised?

All insights welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Haven't done the halves but I've run both 10ks and enjoyed them both. Kinvara maybe shades it overall for me, even though I've run a much quicker time in Bohermeen.

I've heard mixed reports from folks on here about the half at Bohermeen but again, I haven't run it so can't really say either way - I'm sure they'll swing by and post their thoughts !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Runninghard

Hi Yintang

I was at both Kinvara and Bohermeen on consecutive days last year. I didn't run the half at either but I think Kinvara (especially the finish) was better organised. Bohermeen is twice round a loop while Kinvara is one half circuit which joins the 10k route about 3 miles out. Both were well supported but I felt Kinvara was better marshalled. One plus in Bohermeens favour is that it is organised by the local club while Kinvara appears to be run by a local sports/events company. Good crack afterwards at both.

Advertisement