Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a slim case option for a 6s Plus?

• 06-11-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a case for the 6s Plus?
    I currently have a leather folio type that just seems to be an annoyance when holding it.
    I'm not a fan of the clunky otterbox type cases either.
    Are there any other decent options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've been reading good things about Peel cases. I haven't bought one for my 6 as the wait time for delivery from the US is putting me off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

I have a spiegen airskin case on my iPhone 6. It's very thin but wouldn't give much protection if I dropped the phone but it stops it getting scratched in my pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 mocathain

You should check out spigen cases there the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Have you tried the Apple leather cases? Fits perfectly, protects well, slim as can be and long lasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Tech21 good protection and not bulky. Have one on my 6+ and my 5s before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

apple leather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Apple case is overpriced but very stylish. Bottom is exposed entirely though so in a drop you could get unlucky. I found the leather wore poorly and stained easily, while the silicon had better grip but attracted lint and particles easily.

If you want to go budget option then you can't beat the Diztronic tpu case on amazon. They have a great reputation but tpu does pick up oils from hands and can be hard to clean

In between you have infinite options, and some of the best are these :

Tech21 evo check is nice and slim but the bumpers make it a bit thick. I like how it feels though and the transparent back is pretty scratch resistant. Its good in a drop as it has flex shock material which redirects the impact.

Spigen Neo Hybrid gives decent protection and stylish. Tpu and plastic bumper around it. Best of the spigen bunch.
    There is also a spigen liquid crystal soft tpu case which looks great and slimmest case I have seen, but almost zero protection. Very flimsy and particles get in the back which can scratch your phone.
    And there is a spigen ultra hybrid. Clear case like the liquid crystal with clear polycarbonate back which discolours over time. But still a pretty decent case and reasonably drop protective.
    The slim armour and tough armour are also very popular. Very good protection but too thick for my liking and back gets scratched up easily.

UAG also make great cases, comes in a variety of colours, reasonably slim and drop tested to 2 metres. Feel great in hand.
    Some meteor and three shops carry them now for 29.99 which is a decent price and in line with Amazon.

My top 3 are UAG maverick (black), Tech21 Evo Check (smoke red), and Apple silicon case (product red).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I got an Apple silicone case for my 6s. Bit pricey but is decent quality and very slim. Delivered from Apple in 2 days.

Is still the best one I've seen in person so far. I thought that the leather one looked a bit cheap and didn't feel as nice to hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've the apple leather one..I only use it at home and travelling ..at work I simply take out the phone out of it as it's a shame to have it in a case..i've apple care just in case i do drop it though..have dropped it several times in the case and nary a scratch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I have the Knomo one, it's great. And the magnet is very useful for the car.

Advertisement