Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion of sexual assault is hilarious

Options
  • 06-11-2015 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

The mods were notified of a thread on after hours where it was discussion of a lady being sexually assaulted.

After all the hilarious jokes and people trying to shoot the messager and totally derail the thread with unrelated crap, there is still no sign of moderation

Am I to take it that boards.ie think sexual assaults are hilarious and this is the norm?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Am I to take it that boards.ie think sexual assaults are hilarious and this is the norm?
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Dr.Internet

Shield wrote: »
    No.

Okwell that's a memo that needs to be passed along to the moderators because for whatever reason known only to yourselves no action was taken.

Perhaps they are all on holidays yesterday?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Perhaps.

Perhaps.

Perhaps , but maybe they see it as acceptable

Time will tell I suppose

One of our Moderators is legally blind, so out of respect, we tend to use less taunting verbs, like "consider" instead of "see". We want everyone to feel welcome, included and understood.

-Shield.

• Advertisement

One of our Moderators is legally blind, so out of respect, we tend to use less taunting verbs, like "consider" instead of "see". We want everyone to feel welcome, included and understood.

-Shield.

Another funny person

Good luck so, have fun on your site joking about something like this

It's not the place for me

I've never been accused of being funny, and to be honest, I feel insulted that you consider my comments to be anything other than serious.

-Shield.

I see your mod ship. I'm not surprised you find this sexual assault funny.

Got to protect your buddies

Sleep well

I'm also a police officer, which means I take sexual assault allegations very seriously indeed.

-Shield.

Unfortunately the OP has closed their account, so that puts an end to this thread.

Still feel insulted.. just for the record.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement