Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration question from someone with criminal record.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ViniIRL

Hey poeple im back, thanks for ur responses...

I was searching around and found out that the substance I got arrested with (25i-nbome, 25c-nbome) was not an controlled substance at the time I got caught, actually, it only became illegal in january of 2015 and I was arrested in april 2014. Could I be charged over the possession and supply of this drug even if I was caught way before it even became illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ViniIRL wrote: »
    Hey poeple im back, thanks for ur responses...

I was searching around and found out that the substance I got arrested with (25i-nbome, 25c-nbome) was not an controlled substance at the time I got caught, actually, it only became illegal in january of 2015 and I was arrested in april 2014. Could I be charged over the possession and supply of this drug even if I was caught way before it even became illegal?

Are you sure you're not seeing reference to UK bans rather than Irish ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Stamp 4 renewal is subject to you obeying the laws of Ireland so they may delay/deny you. Drug offenses won't be taken lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

L1011 wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not seeing reference to UK bans rather than Irish ones?

it seems he is right

http://health.gov.ie/blog/press-release/government-declares-certain-substances-to-be-controlled-drugs-under-the-misuse-of-drugs-act/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

This post has been deleted.

Hmmmm, interesting. Hard to see how they could turn the presumption of innocence on its head so easily. It would be up to the State to provide evidence that he was in possession of a particular substance and also to demonstrate that the possession of such substance was contrary to the law.

OP: you really need to make contact with the Gardai or have a legal representative to make contact on your behalf to establish that there are no outstanding warrants, summonses or charges waiting for you. Even if the substances were not banned, it is possible, as you might imply from Fred's post, that you might, as the Americans would have it, be a person of interest in the eyes of the authorities.

Advertisement