Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feet in bits - would a pedicurist care

Options
  • 06-11-2015 2:57am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have revolting feet, well rather revolting toenails and misshapened toes.

The rest of my feet for the most part are ok I don't have any callouses or stuff like that.

My toenails are deformed and misshapen, and while I don't put them on display much, I'd love to have a bit of shape on them.

Is it worth considering a pedicure or would someone doing it be put off?

TIA :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Dr.Internet

Honestly, i'd say the pedicurist has seen a lot worse than mishapen toes :)

Once their clean and not smelly when you vist they won't bat an eyelid

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pedicurists work with feet. All day long. There's no such thing as pretty feet. Even at their best, they're still feet. What do you think you have that they haven't seen before?

:D

Give 'em a wash and wear fresh socks. Be grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

They are professionals. You should go in somewhere that's got an nice atmosphere and explain the situation to them. Once you have them looked at and maintained then the fear will disperse and each time you go back it will be easier. They might not even be as bad as you imagine. Maintenance is key. You can buy shapers now that help straighten your toes too that might prevent further movement.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Honestly, i'd say the pedicurist has seen a lot worse than mishapen toes :)

Once their clean and not smelly when you vist they won't bat an eyelid
    endacl wrote: »
    Pedicurists work with feet. All day long. There's no such thing as pretty feet. Even at their best, they're still feet. What do you think you have that they haven't seen before?

:D

Give 'em a wash and wear fresh socks. Be grand.

Ah no, now they'd never be dirty or smelly, if I was getting a pedicure at five o'clock I'd have had a shower that morning and change my socks every day. I used bite my toenails, so that's led to them being horrible.
    eternal wrote: »
    They are professionals. You should go in somewhere that's got an nice atmosphere and explain the situation to them. Once you have them looked at and maintained then the fear will disperse and each time you go back it will be easier. They might not even be as bad as you imagine. Maintenance is key. You can buy shapers now that help straighten your toes too that might prevent further movement.

Cool thanks :)

Advertisement