Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory.de

Options
  • 06-11-2015 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Just went to order some items from Mindfactory.de, only to find they want €29 per item - total of almost €90 delivery! Yikes. Surely they can't be one of the cheapest with those prices?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's not €30 per item, they've a few warehouses, its €30 from each warehouse. Most electronic stock are in one warehouse, and cases are in another.

No idea whats bringing you to €90 though.

Most get all electronics from them, and case from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

It's not €30 per item, they've a few warehouses, its €30 from each warehouse.

Hmm, guessing I'm unlucky enough to have items from 3 warehouses...

EDIT: The monitor, case, and rest would all come from separate places, hence three shipments.

Even with the extra 3% CC charge, Hardwareversand are way cheaper (and yeah, I know their history....)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

oceanclub wrote: »
    Hmm, guessing I'm unlucky enough to have items from 3 warehouses...

Just get the innards from Mindfactory and any case or monitor from Amazon or whereever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

grindle wrote: »
    Just get the innards from Mindfactory and any case or monitor from Amazon or whereever else.

Makes no sense paying €30 delivery on a single item. It'll work out exactly the same as from amazon or any other UK retailer.

Makes no sense paying €30 delivery on a single item. It'll work out exactly the same as from amazon or any other UK retailer.

They did work out cheaper on many items compared to the UK but the delivery does wipe that out. Emailed them to ask if they could help (slim chance but sure no harm in trying).

P.

• Advertisement

Just get the innards from Mindfactory
    Not sure where you think I've said that. The innards of a computer tends to be CPU/GPU/RAM/PSU/MOBO/SSD/HDD

While Mindfactory.de's delivery is most expensive, they're still coming out as cheapest for me:

Mindfactory: € 1.055,93 + €90 = €1145.93
    Alternate.de € 1.148,65 before delivery
    HWVS: €1.165,93 before delivery
    Amazon.co.uk €1236.24 (£882.40) and not including Parcelmotel costs/hassle
    Amazon.de Won't deliver certain items

Looks like it'll be Mindfactory...

Edit: I tried estimating just the monitor & case from Hardwareversand separately since they'd only charge around €12 on those two items instead of €30x2 as Mindfactory would. Only works out as €20 cheaper which I'm not sure is worth the bother of two separate orders.

P.

But what does it come to if you get the case and monitor from either the UK or German Amazon and the rest from Mindfactory?
    Probably save €40-50 quid.

But what does it come to if you get the case and monitor from either the UK or German Amazon and the rest from Mindfactory?
    Probably save €40-50 quid.

Nope, even with €60 delivery it's cheaper than Amazon.co.uk (curse the exchange rate), while Amazon.de won't deliver either item.

P.

Fair enough, if the prices are low enough to justify retarded delivery costs then I guess them's the breaks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement