Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLD Sunday, 8 November, 4:00 p.m.

Options
  • 06-11-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭

Capture12.jpg

061115084136.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Dont think Lamela will be dropped.
    Chap is at long last producing a regular 7/10 performance.
    Son will come on at one stage all right though.

How times have changed......

I think we all can name at leasst 9 players that are expected to start every game.... i remember under Tim and Poch in the early days, that we had no idea who would start let alone what formation !!!!

Right now, i'd take the draw, but as per usual, come 2.00pm Sunday, i'll be very confident of a win...

Hopefully Kosclieny is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Oohhh

Looks at you with your fancy 'create your own team formation" screen shots and all'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Oohhh

Looks at you with your fancy 'create your own team formation" screen shots and all'

sab-fatherdougal-django.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Are the Gooners missing a few? Bellerin, Koscielny, Oxlade, Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere.

Debuchy was shocking at right back in the league cup game.

It's great that they're missing their natural pace too.

Cech

Debuchy - Mertesacker - Gabriel - Monreal

Cazorla - Coquelin

Sanchex - Ozil - Campbell

Giroud

I hate to say it, but the above fills me with confidence! Uh oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Are the Gooners missing a few? Bellerin, Koscielny, Oxlade, Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere.

Debuchy was shocking at right back in the league cup game.

It's great that they're missing their natural pace too.

Cech

Debuchy - Mertesacker - Gabriel - Monreal

Cazorla - Coquelin

Sanchex - Ozil - Campbell

Giroud

I hate to say it, but the above fills me with confidence! Uh oh!

You have to jinx it. Don't you? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

lads in the interest of reverse-jinxing-health & safety one of the arsenal lads from the soccer forum kindly voulnteered to start the NLD match thread:cool:

link here kindly feel free to take part if you feel upto it :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057518629

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd take a draw now, we need to keep it tight in the 1st 20 mins, too many times against these we fcuk up early on.

1-1 I hope.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'd take a draw now, we need to keep it tight in the 1st 20 mins, too many times against these we fcuk up early on.

1-1 I hope.

same here before the game kicks off Id be delighted with a 1-1 hopefully Son scores a cracker to carry on his pre injury form :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

davycc wrote: »
    same here before the game kicks off Id be delighted with a 1-1 hopefully Son scores a cracker to carry on his pre injury form :D

I think most of us would take De draw now. Last February at half time when we were one down to gooners I said the same about taking the draw to my brother who is a gooner fan, it was his birthday also. He was devastated with A'rrys two goals.

I really really enjoyed his birthday.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I think most of us would take De draw now. Last February at half time when we were one down to gooners I said the same about taking the draw to my brother who is a gooner fan, it was his birthday also. He was devastated with A'rrys two goals.

I really really enjoyed his birthday.

ah some quality family bonding time-
    great when it takes a twist like that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

I think spurs will beat them.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I think most of us would take De draw now. Last February at half time when we were one down to gooners I said the same about taking the draw to my brother who is a gooner fan.

Back in 2010 when we were 2 down at the Emirates at half-time I put €5 on us at 75/1..... thankfully we didn't settle for the draw when it was 2-2.

COYS!

My team will be;

Lloris

Walker Toby Jan Rose
    Dier Mason
    Son Dembele Eriksen
    Kane

I think Lamela should come on as sub for Dembele. He is not a winger so we should play him in his best position.

Clinton should replace Eriksen at the same time because Lamela-Eriksen combination is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

09_09_09 wrote: »
    My team will be;

Lloris

Walker Toby Jan Rose
    Dier Mason
    Son Dembele Eriksen
    Kane

I think Lamela should come on as sub for Dembele. He is not a winger so we should play him in his best position.

Clinton should replace Eriksen at the same time because Lamela-Eriksen combination is not working.

I wouldnt be going for Mason, probably Alli or Dembele & keep Son for the last 30.
    Really hope Kane is up for it tomorrow, & things dont get to Rose/Walker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I wouldnt be going for Mason, probably Alli or Dembele & keep Son for the last 30.

Have to agree. Alli was excellent last weekend and has had plenty of other encouraging performances this season so it would be very rough on him to lose out after one below par performance mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

I have a good feeling about tomorrow. Draw at least. COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I never enjoy this fixture, am nervous before and throughout. Hoping for a positive result tomorrow. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

09_09_09 wrote: »
    My team will be;

Lloris

Walker Toby Jan Rose
    Dier Mason
    Son Dembele Eriksen
    Kane

Yeah, as the guys say... I'd go with Alli. He's had a great season and seems passionate, so could get up for the occasion.

Lamela works hard and provides cover for Walker. So I'd maybe bring an unfit Son on for him in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

http://dailym.ai/1LZ6irc

Agree with him on lamela

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Agree with him on lamela

Seriously? Lamela got more assists than anyone last season. Townsend has maybe one assist in the last two seasons, and it's not like he scores goals to compensate. Hoddle is for the birds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Ormus wrote: »
    Seriously? Lamela got more assists than anyone last season. Townsend has maybe one assist in the last two seasons, and it's not like he scores goals to compensate. Hoddle is for the birds.

Completely agree, What has Townsend done other than being British. One trick pony. Lamela constantly tracks back and has had many goals and assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Dont see us winning. But the good omen for us is that I won't be able to watch it. Typically when I watch the NLD we lose.

Got an Arse mate in work who I'd really love to get one over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Why would we go and make 3/4 changes today of all days???

Dier, Dembele and alli in the middle.

Lamela, Eriksen and Kane in front.

Keep son for 30 minutes at the end wen were 3-0 up and mason for a time wasting sub wen they get it back to 3-2.

Its great knowing that the back 5 is already picked and wont be changing needlessly as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Agree with him on lamela

Price tag thingy annoys me very much. If the guy cannot do a basic search how the feck you can take him seriously.

He was sold for 30 millions Euro not pounds. It was quoted on the Roma website.

Yeah, as the guys say... I'd go with Alli. He's had a great season and seems passionate, so could get up for the occasion.

Lamela works hard and provides cover for Walker. So I'd maybe bring an unfit Son on for him in the 2nd half.

I think Alli is too young (inexperienced) for derby, and His sloppy passes in final third are going unnoticed, because we are on a good streak.

Lamela is not a winger so we are going to waste that place, but his in swingers are joy to watch.

I am not worried about result. I just hope we put a decent performance today.

The Future Is Bright; The Future Is Lillywhite COYS!

what time is the teamsheets being announced guys ? 3 ish?

crapping myself here waiting for kickoff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose. Dier, Alli. Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen. Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose. Dier, Alli. Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen. Kane.

What I expected, our strongest 11 with Son coming on in second half

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »

really like that :D coys

Advertisement