Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLD Sunday, 8 November, 4:00 p.m.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

davycc wrote: »
    blow it up ref sh1tting myself here

Been doing that for 20 mins at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Needed that second goal, unfortunately it never came. Looked particularly brittle from set pieces which was annoying. Arsenal looked a different side after scoring, as you'd expect.

Still, I'll gladly take the point, especially away from home.

Bar far the better side today, we let them off the hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Good result. I'm.delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I need to eat a humble pie. I had my doubts over Alli but, he played so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Would have settled for this at the start but probably should have won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

Hard to believe that we'd end up really disappointed at a draw in the Emirates. Just hope we can keep on playing like that.

We cannot defend from set pieces for some reasons.

Why did we take the short corners today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Much better team, should scored again in the first, but hey, a point away & plenty of positives
    Great to see a clear starting eleven emerge

On the side note, Klopp honeymoon period is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Pity we didn't put them away..take the point though..COYS..bring on the Spammers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    God be with the day that we'll be able to close off a game. Think some people are too quick to point the finger at Walker at times. He's been involved in some good build up play and has made some crucial tackles.

Walker has played well today But his ONE mistake has cost us a Goal.

Lloris also needs to come out for crosses, too many goals against us have come from crosses.

We were the better side most of the game but did not punish them enough.

Just glad we didn't loose :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

Two points dropped. We still have a long way to go but we are on right road.

It's annoying the way they can play at a poor level but still be confident its only Tottenham and we'll score. A proper team well into its development would have won that one well today. Lack of second goal gave them belief

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

well i said id have taken the point beforehand but we deserved more.
    thank jebus thats over i felt a heart attack coming on in that last 15mins arsenal were really all over us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

09_09_09 wrote: »
    On the side note, Klopp honeymoon period is over.

:D ha ha poor relegation fodder pool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Walker has played well today But his ONE mistake has cost us a Goal.

Lloris also needs to come out for crosses, too many goals against us have come from crosses.

We were the better side most of the game but did not punish them enough.

Just glad we didn't loose :)

He should have been tighter on Gibbs but again you expect Lloris to be saving a shot like that, especially a keeper of his stature....but we all make mistakes. We could have been punished on a few other occasions from giving the ball away, I guess it was just Walker who was unlucky here.

Would have obviously preferred a win but a draw against the Arse away from home is still a good result. On to the next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Just a reminder merson predicted 3-0 to arse this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think it's harsh blaming Walker for the goal.

A lack of communication between Rose and Son allowed Ozil time to make the cross.

Lamela had a good game. He really gets his head down and works hard for the team. But, jebus, he put my heart through the ringer a few times after he was booked. I was screaming at the TV for Poch to take him off, just for his own sake. I didn't want his good game tarnished with a red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bitterly disappointed.

Could have been comfortably 3-0 up, maybe more. Instead we got 15 mins of torture.

A comprehensive win today could have be the catalyst for something more this season. Gutted.

Lamela had a good game. He really gets his head down and works hard for the team. But, jebus, he put my heart through the ringer a few times after he was booked. I was screaming at the TV for Poch to take him off, just for his own sake. I didn't want his good game tarnished with a red card.

Unfortunately, he is going to miss the next derby. I love his aggression and pressing. Everything went downhill after he was subbed off.

• Advertisement

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he is going to miss the next derby. I love his aggression and pressing. Everything went downhill after he was subbed off.

Yeah it's good to be able to say we'll miss Lamela.

Thankfully we'll have our 22m man to come in and replace our 30m man! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Shame we didn't convert one of those chances in second half. Still team all fought for the cause and showed great commitment. Poch deserves a lot of credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

davycc wrote: »
    well i said id have taken the point beforehand but we deserved more.
    thank jebus thats over i felt a heart attack coming on in that last 15mins arsenal were really all over us :D

I'm with ya on de. Heart attack. Like someone else already said, we are disappointed wit de draw but that is a big improvement on where we were for last couple seasons. A couple of good signings in January????? Who knows?????

Same!

Deisler wrote: »
    Shame we didn't convert one of those chances in second half. Still team all fought for the cause and showed great commitment. Poch deserves a lot of credit.

Some posts should be allowed more than one thanks.

Poch and Levy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

3 games in 7 days. Sounds like we did as good as we could have!

Will watch the highlights later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Will take that point, and a bit disappointed to be possibly leaving another 2 behind. Onwards and upwards now with two more derbies on the horizon. COYS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well, it was great to see Poch go into the game with a decent plan and the players sticking to it. By the time Lloris had to get involved we should have been more ahead. Overall we can complain going 11 without defeat and looking confident. Theres a real chance that we could have a top quality side/squad and push beyond a top four expectancy... and then you remember who the chairman is and the reality bites that like the rest of the managers in the past he wont be supported and we will be let down by the fact that we are 1 or 2 top quality players short.
    It would be great to be proved wrong and see a quality addition or two in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote:
    3 games in 7 days. Sounds like we did as good as we could have!

Yeah . When you put it like that, all things considered it's been a great week.

Advertisement