Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to study/read in the evenings

• 06-11-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Does anyone know any good place here in Limerick to spend 2-3h after work (after 6pm) to study/read a book? As far as I know, all the cafes are already closed at that hour.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Hotel lobbies were always a good choice just order the odd coffee job done.

Bar in no 1 pery square always quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A good option depending on the night would be the terrace bar in the strand. Right up the back of the bar is usually quiet expect maybe weekends. They have 150mb internet free to use also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The city library stays open until 8pm some evenings, I think.

Some old pubs can be good too. Tom Collins used to be great for that before Nancy's Blake's bought it and ruined it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Starbucks in Colbert Station is open until 9pm every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Head out to UL? You could go into the canteen or the postgrad reading rooms and stay as long as you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

czarlz wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know any good place here in Limerick to spend 2-3h after work (after 6pm) to study/read a book? As far as I know, all the cafes are already closed at that hour.

Cheers :)
    Not meaning to be smart but what about your house? Or does reading in public improve the experience?

Advertisement