Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a service you cannot provide!

Options
  • 06-11-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have just now cancelled a full eFibre (phone / internet / TV) package, which Eir should never have tried to sell me.

Signed up at doorstep. Full install inside house on 20Oct. Multiple multiple calls to customer service, to eventually find out (after 3 weeks of no service), that my local exchange is not enabled for eFibre.

I must say very helpful staff all along the way, but they were crippled from the outset by one simple fact:

Eir sold to me at the door a service that they can not provide.

Ridiculous that this is allowable.

When asked a date for activation (having canceled other suppliers):

Customer service: "date cannot be estimated"
    Me: "Will it be in 2015"
    Customer service: "date cannot be estimated"

Shambolic sales!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

HI ros244

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this and apologies for the inconvenience this has created for you.

If you would like to PM me your order or eir account number I will be happy to ensure that cancelling comes at no cost to you and this is brought to sales operations to help prevent this happening again.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ros244

Hi there,

I'm already assured that no payments will be taken etc, so its all been closed off very easily.

Purpose of this post was to advise people of this possibility, and hopefully to give eir the kick to prevent this happening in future.

Very unprofessional way of selling a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

ros244 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm already assured that no payments will be taken etc, so its all been closed off very easily.

Purpose of this post was to advise people of this possibility, and hopefully to give eir the kick to prevent this happening in future.

Very unprofessional way of selling a service.
    Thank you ros244

I will also ensure this feedback reaches operations.

Al

Advertisement