Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tree recommendations please!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What is foot and a half in metric?

45cm. Not that it matters as we're talking about a 7 foot tree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Sorry cannot comprehend imperial, we are a metric country. What is 7 foot in metric?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lets keep it on topic if you've questions on metric conversions let Google answer it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    I ordered 480 for it. Putting it up on Friday so I'll know then if that's enough. I've 300 spare lights just incase the 480 aren't enough.
    What lights are you getting, Loughc?
    I might brave leds and hope that warm white means warm!

Posy wrote: »
    What lights are you getting, Loughc?
    I might brave leds and hope that warm white means warm!

Im getting these bad boys.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-tree-lights/480-warm-white-supabright-led-lights/invt/057328

I have 200 warm white already they're lovely. Like tiny little candles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

So has anyone opened their homestore and more tree yet? I'm thinking of buying the nebraska 7ft tree also. Is this as good a price as I'm likely to get for such a tree?

yellow hen wrote: »
    So has anyone opened their homestore and more tree yet? I'm thinking of buying the nebraska 7ft tree also. Is this as good a price as I'm likely to get for such a tree?

Haven't opened mine yet, will be putting it up in two days time! Rejoice!! :D

I'll post up pics/my thoughts of it as soon as it's up. It looks so big in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Haven't opened mine yet, will be putting it up in two days time! Rejoice!! :D

I'll post up pics/my thoughts of it as soon as it's up. It looks so big in store.

Have to pass a Homestore and more later today so I think i might just get it. If I do, it's just going to have to go up at the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just spent the last few hours putting mine up. It is GORGEOUS. Lovely and full. God, the realistic tips make an awful difference. It's a bit of a faff to put together because the branches have to be added individually but they're colour coded so not too bad. I was tempted to buy the 8ft but glad I didn't as there wouldn't have been room for it. It really hasn't got a patch on my old tree, I'm so happy with it :D I'm just starting to put the baubles on now but I'll stick a pic up anyways to give you an idea.

Tree

• Advertisement

Tree

OMG It's amazing, I can't wait to put it up!!! How many lights did you put on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I am allergic to Christmas trees so picked up an 2.4m (8') 'Meadow Pine' fake one at Hamley's (Cork) for €220. It looks incredibly real and the branches fold like an umbrella. It's in three sections with a stand and goes together in seconds. Very happy with how it looks and assembles.

OMG It's amazing, I can't wait to put it up!!! How many lights did you put on it?

The 480 lights were plenty :)

The 480 lights were plenty :)

So glad to hear that, that's what I got! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Very nice!

Wonder if I can hold out two more days. I'm dying to get mine out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Beautiful tree! :)

Im getting these bad boys.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-tree-lights/480-warm-white-supabright-led-lights/invt/057328

I have 200 warm white already they're lovely. Like tiny little candles.
    So they're nice and bright, but not car headlamp bright? But when you say 'tiny little candles' you don't mean dim either? :o

I think I will brave the 4,218 mile trek to Homestore and More at the weekend and get those lights. I'm sick of having about 28 different sets on the tree!
    It's just such a pain to get to, but worth it if they're good lights. :D

Yep they're more of a yellow light than a bright led white light. Afaik, they sell 480 sets of the bright ones too but my OH has banned them from the house :o

Posy wrote: »
    So they're nice and bright, but not car headlamp bright? But when you say 'tiny little candles' you don't mean dim either? :o

I think I will brave the 4,218 mile trek to Homestore and More at the weekend and get those lights. I'm sick of having about 28 different sets on the tree!
    It's just such a pain to get to, but worth it if they're good lights. :D

They're bright but that warm fire glow bright. Not blinding but enough to glow a room with.

Homestore do home delivery if that suits. Did you put your tree up yet?

I did! \o/

But the lights I have are terrible- fairy lights, but they look like they're on "slow fade" they're so dark. :(

So I'm putting up with the dim tree until the weekend and then relighting it! I wouldn't order the lights because if I don't have the tree done properly by Saturday, Christmas MIGHT AS WELL BE OVER!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I put my lidl tree up tonight, it's not bad at all for the price! Will post pics on the tree thread later

Homestore do home delivery if that suits.
    Changed my mind! Just ordered these ones! :)

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-tree-lights/remote-control-480-warm-white-supabrights-lights/invt/063928

*looks out window expectantly*

Snap they're the exact same ones I got haha. Hopefully they'll arrive early.

Same as me too! I've ordered online from homestore before and they're usually super quick to deliver. Hopefully you'll have them on Friday :D

If anyone has the homestore tree and has figured out a way to put the Christmas train around it let me know please. Branches are down to the ground and I've nowhere else to put the train :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

If anyone has the homestore tree and has figured out a way to put the Christmas train around it let me know please. Branches are down to the ground and I've nowhere else to put the train :(

Is that the 7 foot tree ? Oh no ! I ordered that!! :o and the train doesn fit around :( ?

It fits around but the branches of the tree touch the ground so the train keeps hitting them and derailing :( it would probably work fine if the tree was freestanding in a window but ours is kinda shoved in a corner part of the room. Trying to see if I can raise the bottom branches but no luck. Maybe my OH will manage it.

To be honest I thought it'd be fuller

296iueu.jpg

:pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Grr, went to get my tree from hs+m this morning only to be told by a staff member that they don't do delivery ("only during the summer") - came back to find this on the site. So now I've got to make another journey out into the horizontal rain. If they insist on no delivery, does anyone know what the dimensions of the box (for say the 8 footer) are? I reckon it'll fit across the back seat, but not sure about the door gap.

• Advertisement

They do charge for delivery for the tree because it's classed as a bulky item. Delivery is €25 :eek: That's why I ended up going into the shop to get mine. The box is about 4 and a had foot high.

Edit: My bad, they WERE charging €25 for delivery last week when I tried to order online. Mine was the 7ft and I drive a 7 seater with the back row removed and I still had to let down the middle row of seats to fit the box in.

Advertisement