Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my Photostream gone?! Holiday photos have disappeared

• 06-11-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi!

I was recently on 5 weeks holidays travelling Kenya and Portugal, and used my iphone 5s to take all my photos, and uploaded them all to photostream.
    The phone lasted the entire 5 weeks, until my last night in Portugal where it got water damaged beyond recovery (turns on but sticks on Apple logo and then screen goes a scratched blue effect and powers off - local repaior shop said logic board is fried).
    I was worried I had lost all my photos, until I checked my iPad, where they were all saved on Photostream! So I got a new phone and wanted it to sync with the ipad to get the photos, however, it wouldnt work so a friend suggested turning on icloud photo... now my photostream is gone!!! and so are all the photos!
    Any chance of getting them back??

Thanks for any help,
    Thomas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

There might have been a warning about losing photos when you enable iCloud Photo Library. I'm not sure if it's possible to get them back.

Did you sync your iPad at all recently, either to iCloud or a computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tomo247

Zcott wrote: »
    There might have been a warning about losing photos when you enable iCloud Photo Library. I'm not sure if it's possible to get them back.

Did you sync your iPad at all recently, either to iCloud or a computer?

Cheers for the reply! There was no warning message unfortunately...
    I hadn't backed up
    The iPad either as I was away, so I probably should have done that first! I've tried lots of different things and they seem to be gone. Some of them have synced with Dropbox, but then I ran out of Dropbox space!! 😔 Oh well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Turn off iCloud Photo Library on the iPad and your photostream should come back but it's not designed to be a backup service. Just syncing photos for the last 30 days to all your devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tomo247

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Turn off iCloud Photo Library on the iPad and your photostream should come back but it's not designed to be a backup service. Just syncing photos for the last 30 days to all your devices.

Us I tried turning off iCloud photo, and when I reactivated the photostream, there was only 5 recent photos on there b

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are you sure iCloud Backup wasn't enabled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

iCloud Photo Library is designed to permanently store all your photos. if you had signed into iCloud on the device and had enabled iCloud Photo Library. go to www.icloud.com sign in and click the photo's button. that will let you see what iCloud was storing for you.

Or as Sad Professor said go and see if you had iCloud backup was turn on. A lot of people give out about iCloud but its strongest feature is to work in the background and safely store your data. You might have had these features enabled. hope it works out

Advertisement