Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME screw up Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn’t be surprised if Game are in financial trouble again. There’s this on the back of their Super Mario Maker fiasco and then they stopped selling gift cards for a while a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

My email from game shows the 2 credit card transaction problem but I don't see any charges on my account yet.

But the uncertainty of the game ordering process is why I had a backup pre-order with gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

matrim wrote: »
    My email from game shows the 2 credit card transaction problem but I don't see any charges on my account yet.

But the uncertainty of the game ordering process is why I had a backup pre-order with gamestop

Wonder is there email system fecked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

On my game.co.UK account orders page it shows 2 transactions one for £99 another for £83 but I was only charged £20 deposit for the 99 one back in june then the 83 yesterday when they processed the order fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Seems to be sorted all orders are safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Orders are safe" is just a tweet to calm people down. All orders are cancelled. They are planning on ringing up/emailing customers to try and re-order the item.....and they wont be doing that until Monday. The bottom line is, even if you werent one of the people to be charged twice, you arent getting it by release day.

It's a complete mess. A lot of people are very unhappy. Digital download is the way to go these days. Avoid all this nonsense. Okay, you don't get a pipboy but atleast you have the game the second it releases and dont have to rely on the store or postman screwing you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a complete mess. A lot of people are very unhappy. Digital download is the way to go these days. Avoid all this nonsense. Okay, you don't get a pipboy but atleast you have the game the second it releases and dont have to rely on the store or postman screwing you over.

Unfortunately a lot of people simple don't have the speeds required. I've been on 1mb for years and it won't be changing anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Did anyone try ordering this to a ROI address? Despite being put on a callback list and blowing £10+ on some crappy waiting line they never changed my delivery address for me, as T&Cs state 'We will not deliver items over 1kg outside of UK.'. Despite this, on Friday I got shipping notice and a tracking no ., maybe they made an exception?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

I'm exactly the same.
    Had all the confirmation emails,: initial preorder mails in June, then the last few days had both the processing and shipped emails.
    Also had the bobblehead arrive on Friday.
    I didn't realise there was issues with shipping to Ireland.

Hang on..you got a tracking no?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Anyone getting theirs shipped to parcel motel?
    My steel book fallout 4 was dispatched Saturday midday but still no sign of it in parcel motel :/

• Advertisement

hairball wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same.
    Had all the confirmation emails,: initial preorder mails in June, then the last few days had both the processing and shipped emails.
    Also had the bobblehead arrive on Friday.
    I didn't realise there was issues with shipping to Ireland.

Hang on..you got a tracking no?
    No...well I do but it doesn't work, I just get redirected to My Orders page. Hrm, guess we'll have to wait til Friday, then we can get the pitchforks out.

I got a bobblehead today, what's that all about? Surely they'd save money sending them together?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Game have really ****ed themselves over in the last few months, starting with Mario Maker and MGS V, now Fallout, they basically try and blame the customer and their banks for either over booking stock or knowing they will not have the stock to fill pre orders.

No...well I do but it doesn't work, I just get redirected to My Orders page. Hrm, guess we'll have to wait til Friday, then we can get the pitchforks out.

I got a bobblehead today, what's that all about? Surely they'd save money sending them together?

Got in touch with their customer support today and they told me my location shouldn't be an issue and that it was marked dispatched.

We shall see I guess

hairball wrote: »
    Got in touch with their customer support today and they told me my location shouldn't be an issue and that it was marked dispatched.

We shall see I guess

That's interesting, maybe they made an exception to the >1kg limit, def post here again if it arrives! Will do the same, fingers crossed

That's interesting, maybe they made an exception to the >1kg limit, def post here again if it arrives! Will do the same, fingers crossed

Will do.
    Another thing, delivery was estimated at 4-6 working days...sounds like a plausible delivery time for here

I changed my delivery address to parcel motel and it worked. This morning I got a notice from DPD that it was due for delivery to the parcel motel location in the north

matrim wrote: »
    I changed my delivery address to parcel motel and it worked. This morning I got a notice from DPD that it was due for delivery to the parcel motel location in the north

Probably would've done the same if i'd known there might be a problem.
    Had no reason to think there would be though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My missus ordered hers, got the bobble head and all, but reading this I guess we have cause to worry :/

On customer services now to see if I can get a tracking number.

Got notice that it will be delivered today to a UK address I gave them MONTHS ago via email, but it was never reflected on my delivery address (couldn't change, it still says Ireland right now), nor did they email me to confirm. Looks like I'll have to get a regular edition in the meantime, won't be over in Blighty til Christmas!

• Advertisement

Ah no, I had notihing yet. Strange you got the bobblehead though.

Hmm I can see mine being stuck at a DPD depot until I pony up extra postage, IF i'm lucky.

Okay a bit of info.
    Got my tracking number and turns out it's for Nightline.
    Was told it would activate when the package reached the local depot.
    Looks like it's coming here so!
    Hope this give a bit of hope to anyone else in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

. Looks like I'll have to get a regular edition in the meantime, won't be over in Blighty til Christmas!

Argos sell it for €56 for first couple of days: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=FALLOUT+4&authToken=

CeX buy it for €52 at the mean time: https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=fallout+4&section=

So if you do want to get a copy to keep you going until you receive yours :cool:

Another update, nightline tracking number now show parcel expected at head office. Head office is in Dublin so getting closer!

My parcel motel one has been ready for collection since about 11 last night

Good stuff, hoping mine get's here tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

Just got my pipboy edition delivered by nightline a few minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well, my missus got here and it's the Xbox One edition after ordering the PS4 one. Absolute clowns of the highest order. Had a feeling they would mess this up.

• Advertisement

Just got my pipboy edition delivered by nightline a few minutes ago!

Did you get notification it was out for delivery on your trackong info?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement