Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME screw up Fallout 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

hairball wrote: »
    Did you get notification it was out for delivery on your trackong info?

No I didnt get any tracking info, just got a link to generic delivery info from email they sent to me when it was dispatched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

No I didnt get any tracking info, just got a link to generic delivery info from email they sent to me when it was dispatched.

I just ordered the standard one, I presume it'll be An Post that delivers it right? How much was shipping for you? Mine just says "Free Delivery - 1st Class Post (1-2 working days)" but I doubt it's by courier.

Has anyone else received the standard edition from Game yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

Magnate wrote: »
    I just ordered the standard one, I presume it'll be An Post that delivers it right? How much was shipping for you? Mine just says "Free Delivery - 1st Class Post (1-2 working days)" but I doubt it's by courier.

Has anyone else received the standard edition from Game yet?

Nightline delivered mine. It says "£2.95 Free Delivery - 1st Class Post (1-2 working days" on my email. Think they charged me because it was delivered to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Grayditch wrote: »
    Well, my missus got here and it's the Xbox One edition after ordering the PS4 one. Absolute clowns of the highest order. Had a feeling they would mess this up.

Ouch, such a pain in the hole.

Nightline delivered mine. It says "£2.95 Free Delivery - 1st Class Post (1-2 working days" on my email. Think they charged me because it was delivered to Ireland

Great, mine said the same and I was actually charged as well, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Magnate wrote: »
    Great, mine said the same and I was actually charged as well, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow!

Yup mine turned up unexpectedly as well tonight. Delighted.
    I'd imagine yours will land soon alright magnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a complete mess. A lot of people are very unhappy. Digital download is the way to go these days. Avoid all this nonsense. Okay, you don't get a pipboy but atleast you have the game the second it releases and dont have to rely on the store or postman screwing you over.
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of people simple don't have the speeds required. I've been on 1mb for years and it won't be changing anytime soon.

As you say Blobby bricks and mortar still have a place in the scheme of things, for people that don't have the BB infrastructure to operate digitally.

What I would say however, is that people like yourself are going to pay the brunt of it in the coming years. Especially when it comes to consoles.

PC's are operating in the digital marketplace long enough now that consumers are comfortable and suppliers have adapted. It is not uncommon to grab a new release for an extremely cheap price on PC. Issues aside with Arkham Knight, I paid €35 on PC for the game including season pass (all DLC). I know Fallout 4 there was options to buy digitally for PC for €33 although I didn't take the plunge.

In years to come the digital space on consoles will become more stable and appealing, as the pricing models start to better reflect the benefits. So while there will still be a place for people needing to buy physical, they will definitly be paying a premium for it.

Considering the scandalous pricing the like of Gamestop and SMyths run already, they won't be too slow picking up on ramping prices further when the time comes and people have no alternatives.

I'd also not be comfortable shopping with Game after the details of their Financial issues came to light what, last year? I'd be a few years monitoring before I handed over any money to a company like that. Possible they are still operating as a massive loss trying to build back up, so could go bang again at any moment. Some people don't learn though. I see on the PC forum people still shopping with HWVS after they went bang earlier in the year, and left so many peoples out of thousands of Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

TheDoc wrote: »
    Some people don't learn though. I see on the PC forum people still shopping with HWVS after they went bang earlier in the year, and left so many peoples out of thousands of Euro.

Wow, didn't know HWVS went bust (been a while since my last upgrade:))

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hairball wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know HWVS went bust (been a while since my last upgrade:))

Yup. Detailed thread on the PC building forum. Reddit had a few posts about it. So many people out of pockets for thousands. Some a few hundred for components.

The lucky ones paid with paypal and got sorted, but HWVS pushed the bank transfer crap and those people were **** out of luck.

They re-opened a few weeks later, in administration, and people went back buying from them. Still actively recommended on boards as well. boggles the mind.

Still no sign, ugh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I was in a GAME shop yesterday.

I'd say 90% of their stock is used games and Amiibo/Disney Infinity/Skylanders/Lego Dimensions toys at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm closing this, no reason this can't be in the main fallout thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement