Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Spurs to win comfortably at colchester.

Spurs one up, good strike from Chadli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Young Moncur is the only bright spark in that Colchester team. He was let go by West Ham two years ago, only 22 now, we might see him back in the Premier league at some stage if he is performing like he is today on a regular basis.

He is John's son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Can see Spurs scoring within ten minutes of the start of the SH to put an end to this tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

How is that Colchester player with the head injury, looked like he was having a seizure after the clash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Chris Forrester getting to play PL opposition, hopefully he has a good game. Is it on tv anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pompey lead Bournemouth after a fantastic spell of passing. 1-0

Arsenal need to buck up here. Came on strong towards the end of the first half but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

So much for the magic of the cup,not one upset so far,unless you can count WBA v Peterbourough drawing a upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

All the highlights are on the red button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bret Hart wrote: »
    So much for the magic of the cup,not one upset so far,unless you can count WBA v Peterbourough drawing a upset.

Sheff Wed getting beat by a team in the division below them would be an upset

Ball Numbers

1. West Bromwich Albion or Peterborough
    2. Leeds United
    3. Arsenal
    4. Manchester United
    5. Reading
    6. Liverpool or West Ham
    7. Manchester City
    8. Shrewsbury Town
    9. Watford
    10. Everton
    11. Crystal Palace
    12. Blackburn Rovers
    13. Bournemouth
    14. Tottenham Hotspur
    15. Hull City
    16. Chelsea

Chelsea V Manchester City
    Reading V West Bromwich Albion or Peterborough
    Watford V Leeds United
    Shrewsbury Town V Manchester United
    Blackburn Rovers V Liverpool or West Ham
    Tottenham Hotspur V Crystal Palace
    Arsenal V Hull City
    Bournemouth V Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Spurs v Palace the tie of the round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Canadel wrote: »

I expect Spurs to win that fairly comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

callaway92 wrote: »
    :confused:

I think that was a typo. He meant Reading V West Bromwich Albion or Peterborough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Great draw for Watford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think that was a typo. He meant Reading V West Bromwich Albion or Peterborough.

I don't see how Chelsea City isn't the tie of the round. Palace are fairly uninspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

callaway92 wrote: »
    I don't see how Chelsea City isn't the tie of the round. Palace are fairly uninspiring.
    Maybe so of late, but they have serious quality in the side nonetheless and Pardew will have them pumped for the cup.

West Ham through
    West Brom through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Everything about the two missed pens for Peterborough smacked of... 'i am just an arogent little cock and ill try and score here with a lazy little wanker run up and look not bothered and make little effort and when i score ill be so cool and smooth'.. last guy that missed looked like ughhh well that wasnt meant to happen...

They were terrible alright - shows you can teach how to take a peno cos no one should have run up and shot like that. Fletchers was a peach as well if only for the commentary build up to it :D

Danny Mills is the most dour commentator I've ever heard, fair play.

2 goals within a minute at the bridge, one all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Chelsea fans throwing coins, by the look of things. At a side with 6 teenagers in it. Despicable behaviour.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Danny Mills is the most dour commentator I've ever heard, fair play.

Danny Murphy you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Draw today or tomorrow?

Collie D wrote: »
    Draw today or tomorrow?

After this game

Oscar you bellend. ****e penalty.

• Advertisement

Men against boys here literally.

Mikel was outstanding today. Fully deserved that standing ovation.

5-1.It's no more then City deserve for putting out the side they have,embarrassing from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

5-1.It's no more then City deserve for putting out the side they have,embarrassing from them.

Should have been more too.

Kompany will have to wait another year for the quadruple,he keeps on ****ting on about.

Why embarrassing? Pellegrini made it clear that he was going to put out a young team, due to the upcoming CL game and the League Cup final next weekend. We actually put in a formal complaint about the tie being moved to the sunday but, surprise surprise, the FA did sweet FA about it. I'm not at all embarrassed by that result; it was what I expected when I heard the respective lineups. The young lads can hold their heads up, they didn't let us down. It was some of the older ones who fcuked up today; Caballero (and he'll be in goal at Wembley, FFS), Kolarov and Demichelis were poor today.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

I think the young lads did well for City today. They definitely weren't helped by the older players, but they put in a good performance individually.

Hopefully the hammers get a home draw now.

Juxtapose wrote: »
    I think the young lads did well for City today. They definitely weren't helped by the older players, but they put in a good performance individually.

Hopefully the hammers get a home draw now.
    Agreed. The young lads did well and can hold their heads high and did well against a strong Chelsea side. It's the older players who were poor today, in particular Caballero, DeMichelis and Kolarov. I can't see any of them being around next august; at least I hope not! Manu Garcia and, particularly, Tosin Adarabioyo, did very well for us today. I'd have picked Tosin as the City MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The young City cb was good, had some uncomfortable moments ut looked better than anyone else in the back line.

I remember caballero as being a decent gk in spain but he was woeful today, citys worse player by a mile, he was shocking.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The young City cb was good, had some uncomfortable moments ut looked better than anyone else in the back line.

I remember caballero as being a decent gk in spain but he was woeful today, citys worse player by a mile, he was shocking.
    He was frightening to watch today, he really was. Good luck for the rest of the competition, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

GavRedKing wrote: »

Caballero has been muck since he joined city imo. Doesn't look anything like a decent keeper these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It's a pity Ian Lawlor is out on loan as he probably would have played in goal for City yesterday otherwise. Would have been good to get a proper look at him. He's meant to be very decent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Laois_Man wrote: »
    It's a pity Ian Lawlor is out on loan as he probably would have played in goal for City yesterday otherwise. Would have been good to get a proper look at him. He's meant to be very decent!

Richard Wright is next in line!

I thought aleix garcia was citys best player, tired late on and got sloppy but when your young carrying a midfield on your own against one of the best midfields in europe that will happen.

Cracker of a goal by Lukaku. Great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

was that a second yellow or straight red?

Will Costa get done for the bite/headbutt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

was that a second yellow or straight red?

Will Costa get done for the bite/headbutt?
    Second yellow was shown but he should be getting a bigger ban if they look into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

jesus, Barry...what was that about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Costa really is a disgusting character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

They should throw the book at him if they conclude it was a bite, it does look like he backed out of it at the last second though. I'd still hit him hard even for the intent.

• Advertisement

Barry is a thick, no need for that and will be missed

Advertisement