Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 2015/16

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Arsenal should win the FA Cup now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No place for biting in the game, nobody can defend what he did there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

niallo27 wrote: »

Don't like Costa whatsoever but I think he had a sudden dose of sanity there and didn't actually bite Barry at all...be nice to see him banned for it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If there was a bite, you'd think Barry would react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

was that a second yellow or straight red?

Will Costa get done for the bite/headbutt?

Second yellow, but he will be banned for 2 matches anyway (10 yellow cards this season)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

They should throw the book at him if they conclude it was a bite, it does look like he backed out of it at the last second though. I'd still hit him hard even for the intent.

If ever a player embodied the culture of his club it's Costa and Chelsea imo. An absolute scumbag, a coward and a bully, mirrors a lot of character traits of the club owner, 2 time former manager and I'd even suggest a lot if their longterm pre-Abramovic supporters. Yet again today, several late hits, thumps, elbows etc, even his clash of heads on Coleman had a touch of malice IMHO. Whether he followed through on the bite or not, I personally would throw the book at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Garry Barry is a bit of thug but is never talked of in those terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Their was no bite, Barry didnt wince at all, he was talking to him, trying to be hard

If ever a player embodied the culture of his club it's Costa and Chelsea imo. An absolute scumbag, a coward and a bully, mirrors a lot of character traits of the club owner, 2 time former manager and I'd even suggest a lot if their longterm pre-Abramovic supporters. Yet again today, several late hits, thumps, elbows etc, even his clash of heads on Coleman had a touch of malice IMHO. Whether he followed through on the bite or not, I personally would throw the book at him.

none of this is true, what makes Chelsea a scumbag club, nothing same with the owner, Id take him at Villa in a heart beat a man with a genuine interest in his team. And Mourinho is a world class manager whos popular with fans outside of Chelsea

I love Costa's antics, at least when he's not playing Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I love Costa's antics, at least when he's not playing Arsenal.

Its great if your winning but today was just stupid. It proved he is not in control of his antics

Its great if your winning but today was just stupid. It proved he is not in control of his antics

All the more entertaining for me :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

astonaidan wrote: »
    what makes Chelsea a scumbag club

Have you ever attended a Chelsea game??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

astonaidan wrote: »
    none of this is true, what makes Chelsea a scumbag club, nothing same with the owner, Id take him at Villa in a heart beat a man with a genuine interest in his team. And Mourinho is a world class manager whos popular with fans outside of Chelsea

Check out abramovic record in the Aluminium wars in Russia, and how he made his money.... not scummy at all.
    Check out Mourinho and his constant BS antics, culminating in him & Chelsea in court at present in a wrongful dismissal case with the team doctor.... not scummy at all.
    Check out the team captain, his on field & off field antics, racism etc.... not scummy at all!
    Check out the notorious Chelsea firm back in the day, huge links with the National Front in England etc, stood out even at the height of hooliganism in England back in the day.... not scummy at all.
    Check out this last year, lots of the players basically downing tools in an apparent bid to oust the manager.... not scummy at all.

Costa fits right in if you ask me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

Not all Chelsea fans from decades ago were thugs, given how they are based in an affluent area of London meant they attracted alot of upper class sorts to the games, on the show Only fools and horses in the 80s there was a mention of how the yuppies "had a box at Chelsea"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gabriel should have been sent off there. How has Marriner missed that. Two feet off the ground.

Check out abramovic record in the Aluminium wars in Russia, and how he made his money.... not scummy at all.
    Check out Mourinho and his constant BS antics, culminating in him & Chelsea in court at present in a wrongful dismissal case with the team doctor.... not scummy at all.
    Check out the team captain, his on field & off field antics, racism etc.... not scummy at all!
    Check out the notorious Chelsea firm back in the day, huge links with the National Front in England etc, stood out even at the height of hooliganism in England back in the day.... not scummy at all.
    Check out this last year, lots of the players basically downing tools in an apparent bid to oust the manager.... not scummy at all.

Costa fits right in if you ask me.

Im aware of how Roman made his money, im not exactly sure you are, maybe read about it again.
    Honestly the doctor nonsense is blown up if it was any other manager it wouldnt have got 5% of the press, just cause Jose is a show is the only reason it was.
    JT isnt the only idiot footballer, you dont even need to leave England to find a lot others like him.
    Back in the day is a stupid reason, surely Millwall, West Ham are bigger scumbag clubs.
    Chelsea isnt the only club where player power has reigned and not resigning JT is Romans way of finishing it.
    Nonsense reasons to say a club is scummy, clueless infact

Can both the Ws win today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably one of the most blatant reds you'll see this season and he got away without even a yellow.

Gabriel is such a garbage-level footballer.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Probably one of the most blatant reds you'll see this season and he got away without even a yellow.

Gabriel is such garbage-level footballer.

It was a text book red card challenge. Leaving the ground flying in with both feet and studs showing, completely reckless and not in full control of his body. The ref's had a shocker there.

• Advertisement

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gabriel being shíte again. How does even get a game at this level? He's atrocious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Arsenal 0-1 Watford. Would be fantastic if Watford and West Ham won today.
    If ever a player embodied the culture of his club it's Costa and Chelsea imo. An absolute scumbag, a coward and a bully, mirrors a lot of character traits of the club owner, 2 time former manager and I'd even suggest a lot if their longterm pre-Abramovic supporters.

Ridiculous generalisation. Chelsea have one of the wealthiest fanbases in the league. The same was the case prior to the RA era. Their hardcore fans are passionate but I found them fine to interact with.

Emirates emptying

Piers Morgan drooling all over his Twitter page right now.

Cracking strike. Arsenal's only hope for a trophy this season hanging by a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Holy ****, some goal. Arse getting plowed out of it

Berserker wrote: »
    Chelsea have one of the wealthiest fanbases in the league. The same was the case prior to the RA era.

I'm calling Bullsh1t on that. Chelsea had a very low class fanbase until fairly recently. Tottenham or Arsenal would have been the aspirational upwardly mobile clubs until the Russian gangters arrived and changed the landscape of London and football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That was a proper mortal kombat finishing move to Arsenal's season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I want to know the speed of that shot

Another one bites the dust.

Korat wrote: »
    I'm calling Bullsh1t on that. Chelsea had a very low class fanbase until fairly recently. Tottenham or Arsenal would have been the aspirational upwardly mobile clubs until the Russian gangters arrived and changed the landscape of London and football.

You are trying to tell me that West London as a whole and more specifically Chelsea, Fulham, Putney and the King's Road were lower class parts of London in decades gone by? Tottenham has always been a working class area. Spurs fans will even tell you that.

Berserker wrote: »
    You are trying to tell me that West London as a whole and more specifically Chelsea, Fulham, Putney and the King's Road were lower class parts of London in decades gone by? Tottenham has always been a working class area. Spurs fans will even tell you that.

I'm telling you that until recently wealthy people had no interest in football. Chelsea fans like most other supporters were working class. They had less fans than the likes of Arsenal and Spurs because they were a relatively small and unsuccessful club also their fans a bad reputation for thuggery, not something people on the make would like to be associated with.

In the '80s if someone said they were a Chelsea fan, I immediately assumed they were a thug or happy to be seen as one much like Millwall fans. That may sound harsh but they were different times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Where would those Chelsea fans be from then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What a great season all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Not true, I attended a few Chelsea matches during the 80's and while they were one of the most feared hooligan crews going around, a lot of them were well to do solicitors, yuppies etc getting their weekend kicks. Tottenham and Arsenal drew their fan base from way poorer areas than the King's Road etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

What a great season all round.

Yeah from a neutral point of view would be free great to see Leicester win the league and Watford/West Ham/Palace the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Semi Final Draw:

Crystal Palace vs. Watford
    Everton vs. Man Utd/West Ham

Couldn't have wished for a better draw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Semi Final Draw:

Crystal Palace vs. Watford
    Everton vs. Man Utd/West Ham

Couldn't have wished for a better draw!

Good luck mate. You've had a great season no matter what happens, but it would be great for you to top it off with the final.

I'm telling you that until recently wealthy people had no interest in football.

The footballing banning order list would suggest otherwise. Also, clubs were run by wealthy people, prior to the creation of the premier league. The likes of Lord Sugar, a life long Spurs fan ran Spurs. Gold and Sullivan, who own West Ham now, are both lifelong match-going irons. Liverpool, the most successful football club during the 80's were owned by the Moores family, for over 50 years. They owned, Littlewoods, the largest private company in Europe at the time. Everton had Bill Kenwright, who made his fortune in the Arts. The list goes on and on.

• Advertisement

Everton vs. United/West Ham has been set for Saturday 23rd April at 5:15pm, live on BBC.

Watford vs. Palace is on the Sunday, with a 4pm kick off, live on BT.

Flights are booked :D

Everton vs. United/West Ham has been set for Saturday 23rd April at 5:15pm, live on BBC.

Watford vs. Palace is on the Sunday, with a 4pm kick off, live on BT.

Flights are booked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There was a Semi Final today but it looks like nobody noticed.

Palace beat Watford 2-1.

Final is rematch of 1990

Would do well to live up to that final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

There was a Semi Final today but it looks like nobody noticed.

Palace beat Watford 2-1.

Final is rematch of 1990

Would do well to live up to that final.

1990 had probably the greatest FA Cup Final song ever. With a few familiar faces..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Fair play to Pardew for getting Palace this far.

Advertisement