Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops 3 Play and Help Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Play with a team and stick to the same game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey folk, my settings say that my nat type is open but on the home page of the game it says moderate.
    I checked into it and found the following (see pic)

Has anyone an idiot proof guide to fixing this please?

PS - if I still suck at the game as this is not the reason I'm getting owned, then I'm down with COD :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Everlast. I checked mine and I have tcp/udp open on following ports. 80, 443, 1935/3478/3479/3480/3074/3075 and I have open NAT on PS4 in blops3

I will get back to ye on that lads.

But do remember you're talking to a complete imbecile.. mainly about computers but also in general terms ;)

This is the page I used to configure my router. You should be able to find any router on it put http:// in front of it I'm on mobile so can't post link

portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Vodafone/HG556a_Huawei/Call_of_Duty_-_Black_Ops_III_-_PlayStation_4.htm

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey folk, my settings say that my nat type is open but on the home page of the game it says moderate.
    I checked into it and found the following (see pic)

Has anyone an idiot proof guide to fixing this please?

PS - if I still suck at the game as this is not the reason I'm getting owned, then I'm down with COD :-/

Don't believe a word of what bo3 says your nat is its all lies. If its open on your xbox its open on the game its just text on the screen! Mine switched from open to moderate then to strict.

What you could try and this worked for me hold xbox power button for 10 secs wait untill it powers down unplug it from the back then unplug your router from the back wait 1 min plug in router wait for that to power on and all the flashy lights to become solid. Then plug xbox back in and power on. What that will do is clear the cache on you xbox then clear the cache on your router. Your wired right?

Don't believe a word of what bo3 says your nat is its all lies. If its open on your xbox its open on the game its just text on the screen! Mine switched from open to moderate then to strict.

What you could try and this worked for me hold xbox power button for 10 secs wait untill it powers down unplug it from the back then unplug your router from the back wait 1 min plug in router wait for that to power on and all the flashy lights to become solid. Then plug xbox back in and power on. What that will do is clear the cache on you xbox then clear the cache on your router. Your wired right?

I most certainly am! The Xbox gets priority in my household above all else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Black Ops 3 requires extra ports open compared to standard xbox live. Thats why you get the moderate status on screen.

Black Ops 3 requires extra ports open compared to standard xbox live. Thats why you get the moderate status on screen.

I dmz'd my xbox. Any luck with power cycle everlast?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They should rename this game to Call of Combine: Kuda Ops. I only play HC Domination, and its always Combine (or Fringe, which I prefer), and everyone is using the Kuda.

• Advertisement

They should rename this game to Call of Combine: Kuda Ops. I only play HC Domination, and its always Combine (or Fringe, which I prefer), and everyone is using the Kuda.

Yep always combine.
    Kind of happy with that at moment as trying to get weevil and rk5 gold so the small map suits.

Haven't played metro in about 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is there anything special about the wrench, I saw some people celebrating when they got it, I have, it does look cool and makes a nice clunk when you hit someone else but is there any other bonus?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Rorok wrote: »
    Is there anything special about the wrench, I saw some people celebrating when they got it, I have, it does look cool and makes a nice clunk when you hit someone else but is there any other bonus?!?!
    Not a thing, its basically the combat knife with a different skin, people just excited as its rare to find

They've confirmed that they'll be removing the ability to vote the same map over and over in the next patch, and with the dlc dropping the week after next, it'll probably be included in that patch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone struggling with long shot challenges for getting their Assualt Rifles Gold stick a silencer and the varix 3 scope set to lowest magnification reduces the long shot distance by half!

A question more-so out of curiosity, does anyone else play with look inversion enabled?

Simply Red wrote: »
    A question more-so out of curiosity, does anyone else play with look inversion enabled?

Haha no but sometimes it feels like I should be...

Haha no but sometimes it feels like I should be...
    I must be the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Simply Red wrote: »
    I must be the only one!

Must be working as your prestige master level 100 last time I checked!

Decided to try sniping last night. Only have about 30 kills with the different ones. I prestiged so used the drakon. Didn't realise it was one shot kills to unlock the camos. on the snipers presumed it was headshots. nearly got it gold already. must be the only class that I have gotten the extra camos unlocked without having 5 attachments unlocked.

Are all the snipers 1 shot kils for the medals or are they like the shotguns where some are 1 shot and some are headshots?

• Advertisement

Decided to try sniping last night. Only have about 30 kills with the different ones. I prestiged so used the drakon. Didn't realise it was one shot kills to unlock the camos. on the snipers presumed it was headshots. nearly got it gold already. must be the only class that I have gotten the extra camos unlocked without having 5 attachments unlocked.

Are all the snipers 1 shot kils for the medals or are they like the shotguns where some are 1 shot and some are headshots?

heroics wrote: »

All snipers are 1 shot 1 kills. Played hardcore with the drakon and p06 to make sure they were one hit kills. Memories of trying to get 5 bloodthirsties with the p06 :(

Double xp weekend started this evening

Just spent the last 3 hours playing blops3 combine. Only other map I played was fringe. Sooner they sort out map rotation the better. Hope it's part of patch on Tuesday.

Map rotation sorted, dlc downloaded even if you don't want it which was awesome as i was expecting a 10 gig download and lo and behold it was ready to go the second i purchased it. Nice!

Skyjacked is awesome, basically the same as Hijacked with the ability to jump over the side and back into the ship. Rise is good, but will take getting used to. Splash is my favourite so far. Nice and open. And the last one, Gauntlet, will require a lot of getting used to, but it is also very enjoyable!

Very good dlc so far!

Map rotation sorted, dlc downloaded even if you don't want it which was awesome as i was expecting a 10 gig download and lo and behold it was ready to go the second i purchased it. Nice!

Skyjacked is awesome, basically the same as Hijacked with the ability to jump over the side and back into the ship. Rise is good, but will take getting used to. Splash is my favourite so far. Nice and open. And the last one, Gauntlet, will require a lot of getting used to, but it is also very enjoyable!

Very good dlc so far!

Did you try out zombies?

Did you try out zombies?

Absolutely zero interest in Zombies. I actually wish they had separate season passes, one for just maps, one for zombies and one for both.

Absolutely zero interest in Zombies. I actually wish they had separate season passes, one for just maps, one for zombies and one for both.

I loved zombies in black ops 2, hate the way the started adding in all this weird stuff and over complicated it

I loved zombies in black ops 2, hate the way the started adding in all this weird stuff and over complicated it

Never play Zombies to be honest but played Nightmares the other day and it was pretty cool. Basically the campaign and zombies combined.

• Advertisement

Double weapon xp just went live if anyone is interested

Advertisement