Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops 3 Play and Help Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Rorok wrote: »
    I loved zombies in black ops 2, hate the way the started adding in all this weird stuff and over complicated it

It never done it for me, old or new style. I just don't enjoy killing waves of zombies while waiting for a bus, or having to put a fan on an engine to open a wooden door, completing ignoring the shotgun or grenades I have...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Double weapon XP for the weekend

They should rename this game to Call of Combine: Kuda Ops. I only play HC Domination, and its always Combine (or Fringe, which I prefer), and everyone is using the Kuda.

I have to change this, it should now be called Call of Combine: Razorback Ops...

Also, the Dingo is beast!!

I have to change this, it should now be called Call of Combine: Razorback Ops...

Also, the Dingo is beast!!

Ha I was looking at my stats last night and the RB is my most used weapon. Was surprised at that. Thought it would be an AR tbh

heroics wrote: »
    Ha I was looking at my stats last night and the RB is my most used weapon. Was surprised at that. Thought it would be an AR tbh

I'd imagine the Razorback will be high on the list of everyones most used list (except mine, haven't gotten around to using them yet, i've only the challenges for the Gorgon to finish, that'll give me Diamond AR's and LMG's, and then i'll start using them), what with them being 1 shot kills on HC (for a bloody SMG!!!).

That's a great issue i have with these games, SMG's are way OP. They're usually the fastest of the guns, both in use, fire rate and swapping, but the likes of the Razorback is a 1 shot kill on HC, while the Gorgon, a fecking LMG that fires 7.62 rounds (presumably) needs 2 shots sometimes! SMG's should be nowhere near as powerful as they are, or a the very least have a lot lower fire rate if they're that powerful. In which case they'd be an AR.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine the Razorback will be high on the list of everyones most used list (except mine, haven't gotten around to using them yet, i've only the challenges for the Gorgon to finish, that'll give me Diamond AR's and LMG's, and then i'll start using them), what with them being 1 shot kills on HC (for a bloody SMG!!!).

That's a great issue i have with these games, SMG's are way OP. They're usually the fastest of the guns, both in use, fire rate and swapping, but the likes of the Razorback is a 1 shot kill on HC, while the Gorgon, a fecking LMG that fires 7.62 rounds (presumably) needs 2 shots sometimes! SMG's should be nowhere near as powerful as they are, or a the very least have a lot lower fire rate if they're that powerful. In which case they'd be an AR.

Yep Subs are quite strong but after the recent nerfs to the sub aim down sight times the ARs aim in as quick. I use mainly Hvk now on smaller maps and m8 on bigger ones. Maybe the Sheiva high caliber in core.

If you haven't got the vesper gold yet I feel sorry for you because that is now the worst smg in the game possibly one of the worst overall. Went from god tier to trash overnight. Nerf hammer hit it hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

The vespers recoil pattern now is one of the strangest out of any cod, so unpredictable. I think the only way to do well with it now is stick a laser sight on and treat it like a shotgun. I think the razorback is the next worst smg. Kuda and vmp are by far the best smgs in the game.
    I used the gorgon a lot in hardcore when i was grinding for dark matter, i cant remember ever getting a 2 shot kill, always killed in a single bullet. They've done a brilliant job with weapon balancing in fairness to them, i've never used as many different guns as I have in blops 3

I honestly don't think it would be possible, and would probably drive people away, but I think once you complete all challenges for a certain gun, it should be locked out until you have completed all challenged for every gun in that class, or better yet, all guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had a large download waiting last night(XB1) and then I was told Nuketown was available to everyone! Playing 8-10 games but no sign of it! Anyone confirm they got a game on it yet?

Had a large download waiting last night(XB1) and then I was told Nuketown was available to everyone! Playing 8-10 games but no sign of it! Anyone confirm they got a game on it yet?

Yup, and i can't see why its in rotation for HC Dom, it's just a complete mess!

Finally got the gold camo on the PO6 just there. Talk about the most useless gun ever created! Had to go back to normal Dom, supressor and thermal, and camp by the jeep in Fringe. So happy i made that the first sniper to get the challenges on... So, diamond on AR's, LMG's and launchers, one gold on a sniper and one gold shotgun. I think i might actually (eventually) get the Dark Matter camo. It seems achievable. Unlike AW where one of the challenges for those terrible fire and forget launchers was to shoot down a Paladin 3 times with the MAAWS and Mayhem. Those were literally impossible without having a lobby full of people working together towards it.

Also, was shocked to see that 2 of the shotguns have headshot challenges instead of OSK. That put a slight dampener on my hunt for Dark Matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Simply Red wrote: »
    The vespers recoil pattern now is one of the strangest out of any cod, so unpredictable. I think the only way to do well with it now is stick a laser sight on and treat it like a shotgun. I think the razorback is the next worst smg. Kuda and vmp are by far the best smgs in the game.
    I used the gorgon a lot in hardcore when i was grinding for dark matter, i cant remember ever getting a 2 shot kill, always killed in a single bullet. They've done a brilliant job with weapon balancing in fairness to them, i've never used as many different guns as I have in blops 3

I always use the Kuda, VMP or KN-44 in multiplayer. I used to always use the Vesper before the patch, now it's a piece of s***.

Double xp and weapon xp this weekend

Double xp and weapon xp this weekend

Not on xbox one by the looks of it, not working for me....

sryanbruen wrote:
    Not on xbox one by the looks of it, not working for me....

That's what I was playing it on!

That's what I was playing it on!

Yeah after 3 hours, it finally worked for me! I was beginning to think it was an April Fools joke.

Double XP again this weekend, but i avoided it, as all it was was Combine and Fringe with everyone using the Razorback and Kinetic Armor... Double XP weekends are terrible on this game...

Double XP again this weekend, but i avoided it, as all it was was Combine and Fringe with everyone using the Razorback and Kinetic Armor... Double XP weekends are terrible on this game...

I have only come across two people with Kinetic Armor and around 16 people with the Razorback over the weekend. I NEVER USE THEM - well apart from the Razorback at times. I use the Weevil or the Kuda and Gravity Spikes, War Machine, Ripper or Purifier.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I have only come across two people with Kinetic Armor and around 16 people with the Razorback over the weekend. I NEVER USE THEM - well apart from the Razorback at times. I use the Weevil or the Kuda and Gravity Spikes, War Machine, Ripper or Purifier.

I've been in lobbies of HC Dom and it's been 6 kinetic against 6 kinetic. My try hard class for FFA is razerback and kinetic. This weekend though was using other abilities to try and finish challenges and get more XP. Games were pretty sh1t though.

Tried to play in a party of 5 last nite and we couldn't find games for ages in any mode

heroics wrote: »
    I've been in lobbies of HC Dom and it's been 6 kinetic against 6 kinetic. My try hard class for FFA is razerback and kinetic. This weekend though was using other abilities to try and finish challenges and get more XP. Games were pretty sh1t though.

Tried to play in a party of 5 last nite and we couldn't find games for ages in any mode

Well then that explains a lot LOL. I play CORE Domination and Kill Confirmed :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Just picked this up on PS4, are there any weapons similar to the BLOPS 2 FAL in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Just picked this up on PS4, are there any weapons similar to the BLOPS 2 FAL in it?
    The sheiva is the closest, it's an amazing gun if you're good with semi autos. The mx garand is also similar but you need to get that from a supply drop

Advertisement