Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New food place celbridge

Options
  • 06-11-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the new place in cebridge, food route its called, its where that place Angelo's was just past the church? Can't find anything about it online or Facebook.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

As far as I know the old place was owned my the Macari family and they still own the shop .

The menu looks very similar to what I remember the old place to be like , but seems quite expensive TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Davidth88 wrote: »
    As far as I know the old place was owned my the Macari family and they still own the shop .

The menu looks very similar to what I remember the old place to be like , but seems quite expensive TBH

So basically more overpriced deep fried, greasy sh*te.

Just what celbridge needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Coopaloop wrote: »

So basically more overpriced deep fried, greasy sh*the.

Just what celbridge needs!

TBH , yes ........ If you want good coffee go next door to the Espresso Project

Davidth88 wrote: »
    TBH , yes ........ If you want good coffee go next door to the Espresso Project

Love that place for coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Love that place for coffee.

We could do with some decent restaurants in Celbridge

• Advertisement

dobsdave wrote: »

Big time! We are miles behind maynooth for decent restaurants.

dobsdave wrote: »

Big time! We are miles behind maynooth for decent restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's amazing really. For such a big population there's surely space for a bit of variety. A mate of mine who moved here from Tallaght calls it the Land of Chinese restaurants and Chemists and it's hard to disagree.

Michaelangelo's is always good and Delhi Darbar is a top notch Indian, Da Mario have upped their game the past few years, and the Village Inn is about as good pub grub as you're gonna find but that's about it. People tell me Hokkaido is good but would much prefer a good teppanyaki to Sushi/Noodles.

We could really do with something along the lines of Avenue in Maynooth or I'd love an American style BBQ place a bit like Pitt Bros/Bison in town. Surely the town has had its share of talented chefs growing up here (I know one at least who runs an absolutely fantastic restaurant in Blackrock). Would be great to see a few of them taking a punt on trying something new locally.

Actually had a look at the menu in the window today, its not too bad to be honest, proper breakfast, then lots of options for lunch, and dinner options too. Was in the barber's beside it getting my little boys hair cut and she had eaten there and said it was really good, recommended the home made burger.
    Nothing to do with macaris apparently, although I think they do own the building.
    So maybe not such a bad spot after all, I plan to try for lunch on Tuesday so will report back then.

Advertisement