Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport / visa issue

Options
  • 06-11-2015 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭

I have a whv, and will be travelling to Melbourne at the end of the year. My passport expires a week after the visa ends. The first thing I need to know is will I be able to travel out of Oz with the passport that's about to expire?

There's a chance we'll be taking off to se Asia after, so I thought maybe I'll just renew the passport before I go. But then that leaves me with having to update the visa, if that's possible.

I've looked online, and emailed twice, though the second just this afternoon so still waiting to see. I found something that said I can change it through the online account but there is no link to do that.

Would appreciate if anyone knows what I can or should do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

All it needs is to have at least 6 months left on it before entering the country. It will be a lot easier to renew your passport here rather than trying to do it in Australia.

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/australian-working-holiday-visa.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Karl88

my girlfriend forgot to renew her visa last month and only realised recently, im just wondering can it be renewed if it has expired? and can i have some information on how to go about it? im not really up to date on how all this visa stuff works she is an Australian living in Ireland for 5/6 years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Renew it and bring the passport that it's replacing.
    My wife had to do that last year, when she arrived back in Australia on a new passport but on the same visa all they did at the airport was update her file.

Advertisement