Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Gear

Options
  • 06-11-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have inherited a lot of fishing gear from my grandfather who passed away recently. He was a very serious sea angler and fished all over the world. There is about 12 rods and reels and lots of assorted tackle, I don't even know what some of it is for. Where is the best place to find out about this equipment and how to use it. I'm in the south west.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Take pics or write down the makes and models of everything and list them here. Someone will know them and be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Any pics OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Have you any friends who fish or would have fished when younger?

If not contact a local fishing club and explain the situation. I'm sure somebody will be more than happy (and curious) to call around and see what you've got and explain it all to you. They might even invite you out and and show you what to bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭T338

Some of the rods are a Shakespeare mustang 2.4m
    ABU Atlantic 174c 11 3/4 ft
    Daiwa sensor carbon boat 30lb 2.14m
    Daiwa power cast uptide2-10 oz 2.9m
    Greys GRX-s 5oz 13'
    Theres a couple of shakespeare fly rods too and some other smaller boat rods
    I will post pictures of the other stuff reels etc when i figure out how too

Advertisement