Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs West Brom 07/11/'15 3pm...Not on UK TV.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

What a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

What a miss, two free in Utd box for that one. Time for fresh legs in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Borthwick-Jackson it is

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Amount of letters on back of that shirt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Whatever else you can say about LVG he isn't afraid to throw kids into tight games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Berahino, you dozy tnuc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Borthwick-Jackson it is

Fullback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Rooney subbed :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They just said Rooney is about to come off for Herrera? Is...is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Sand wrote: »
    Whatever else you can say about LVG he isn't afraid to throw kids into tight games.

As long as they're defenders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Unlucky from lingard. Great skill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

TheTownie wrote: »

No young attackers no?

No young attackers no?

No 'kids'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not sure I believe my eyes. Rooney isn't getting 90 mins :eek:

TheTownie wrote: »

Personally I worry more about a young inexperienced defender making a mistake on the edge of his own box than a young inexperienced attacker making a mistake on the edge of the opponents box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

How does Dean justify not booking Yakob there? Every week I struggle to understand refereeing decisions.

Personally I worry more about a young inexperienced defender making a mistake on the edge of his own box than a young inexperienced attacker making a mistake on the edge of the opponents box.

So would I.

Pen!

and a red

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No English players for penalties please.

• Advertisement

Correct call. Should seal it now

Go Juan... :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Nicely done Mata.

Satisfying result. WBA came to park the bus and didn't have a plan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pen!

and a red

Why was it a pen? What happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Martial is a real talent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

No its not the chance you take the player is waiting to see if the goalkeeper goes early, if he does you score 99% of the time bah commentators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nalz wrote: »
    Martial clean thru and he came across him with a sliding tackle and missed the ball completely

Nalz wrote: »

McCauley slid in on Martial when he was last man, didn't get the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Satisfying result. WBA came to park the bus and didn't have a plan B.

As soon as they opened up, Martial got clean through on goal within 10 mins. We really need to take our early chances in these kinds of games because managers like Pulis will set up like that against us every week.

Yeaaaa a win. Didn't see the match will watch it on sky tonight. Anyone want to provide a bit of a review?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Yeaaaa a win. Didn't see the match will watch it on sky tonight. Anyone want to provide a bit of a review?!

We passed the ball around and scored 2 goals

Got hit win and all that matters really. Really bosses the first half but didn't create too much.
    Mata really should have scored with the one clear chance we had but missed the target.
    It was always going to be tough to break them and needed that break from a poor brunt clearence to go a goal up. Nice cool finish from lingard.

Still a lot to be worked on in an attacking sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The disappointment for The "Neutrals" was the ref not celebrating a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

WBA, no ambition, got what they deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Decent team performance.

We never looked like conceding except for one gilt edged chance for Berahino.

Mike was excellent again.

Schweini played well.

Martial caused alot of trouble, looked strong as usual.

Jessie was decent, covered alot of ground, a bit headless as in previous games.

Rooney was ok.

Mata I thought played well.

All in all a very comfortable afternoon really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jaykay74 wrote: »
    WBA, no ambition, got what they deserved.

This. If you roll up and stick 10 men behind the ball then you can have no complaints.
    I thought it was a decent enough United performance today, did well to create a few good chances in a packed out final third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Fell asleep during that game. Granted i was up early but hasnt happened me before !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm just relieved we didn't draw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Delighted with the win there's still a lot to worry about. Utd owned the ball and struggled to create chances again but WBA created the best chance of the game the only time they really attacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Did we win the possession?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Did we win the possession?

70 30 to United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

statto25 wrote: »
    70 30 to United

lvgfyjt4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Korat wrote: »
    Delighted with the win there's still a lot to worry about. Utd owned the ball and struggled to create chances again but WBA created the best chance of the game the only time they really attacked.

It's often the case that a defence that has had basically nothing to do for an hour or more can be caught on the hop when the opposition actually do find a way forward.
    It happens all the time, thankfully it didn't come off for them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

United deserved it purely for showing more attacking intent.
    Although the best chance of the game was that West Brom free header.

Thought Jonny Evans was magnificent actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Notice how it's not a hit and hope shot.

What?

When did I ever mention that Utd's shooting had to be 'hit and hope'? You pulled that completely out of your arse.

The reason Lingard got that chance had very little to do with LVG's tactics, style of play or Utd's good play. It was a shít clearance from a poor enough cross, and a wonderful finish by Lingard.

It's getting Utd enough results to stay in the mix, so LVG has no reason to change it yet I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He has reason to change it, he doesn't have the correct personnel yet, evidenced by Lingard actually being in the team.

He isn't getting what he wants from the likes of Memphis, couldn't get it from Di Maria before that, maybe the problem is him but looking back at his career and how players have flourished under his guidance I somehow doubt that.

Lingard is getting his chance because we need more pace and creativity in the attack, LVG has said as much himself.

The most important part for him when he came to the club was to solidify again, that has been achieved, now he must consolidate and then hopefully conquer. This is his own road map and he is on course so far. Fair play to Lingard for taking his chance too, great example of any of the young players and great to see another debutant today

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

SlickRic wrote: »
    What?

When did I ever mention that Utd's shooting had to be 'hit and hope'? You pulled that completely out of your arse.

Most competent defences with a half decent keeper will happily watch the opposing team take shots from outside the box all day long. It takes something really special at that range to beat a keeper and defence who earn their living from getting cleansheets. I think Liverpool had something like 40 shots on Norwich (or Carlisle?) with Coutinho in particular taking every opportunity to shoot. No goals resulted, and I dont think Liverpool fans watching the game expected any goals from those sort of chances.

The United players do seem hesitant to take the responsibility of shooting on a half chance - the first instinct seems to be try to lay the ball off to someone else to get a better opportunity, who then tries to lay the ball off themselves. The movement of the front 3-4 does seem overall to be poor, with the exception of Martial and (at times) Mata so United players rarely receive the ball in a situation where a good shooting opportunity is available so they try to find someone else to shoot.

Its hard to say how that is solved with the form of the attacking players currently available, but I'm sure LVG is aware of it and is working on it.

Advertisement