Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

58 all in I'm pretty sure.

Site is down at the moment for me.

I didn't get to make the sub I wanted due to work on Saturday morning.

Wanted Darmian and Martial out for Smalling and Lukaku for a -4
    Would have given me 16 points -4 for a net gain of 12.
    Martial returned 5 and Richards (jammily) came in for Darmian for 6 so a return of 11 so not too bad.

Have 2 FTs for next week but will have to see what happens with Vardy.
    Captained him this week and it's always good when your captain scored the most points for you.

More green arrows this week and into top 300k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

47 all out. AOA cost me a transfer and 2pts vs 7. Captain Mahrez over Vardy. Could've been so much better but also so much worse. Butland really saved my week. I guess I can't complain considering how dire it looked before Stoke v Chelsea. But yeah. A week to be forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

My midfield of Mahrez, KDB, Barkley and Ayew did SFA.

Want rid of both Barkley and Ayew but they have good fixtures coming up. Decision to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

45 points this week. If I can stay inside the top 100k that will be an achievement in itself. Team needs surgery but will likely wait til internationals are over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Choosing Bony over Lukaku and Kane has been horrendous. 50 all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Looking forward to the 2 week break.

I can wait to make transfers too. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

54 (-4)

Very happy with that, should see green arrows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

45. Another captain fail with KDB. Kane and Lukaku more than likely in next for Bony and Pelle. Prices don't freeze for international break, no?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Prices don't freeze for international break, no?

Nope but should be slow to rise/fall when we're bang in the middle of the break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

33 points all in.

Another miserable week. Another captain fail and more big red arrows!!

The enjoyment is waining. I feel like Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

59 is a cracking score for this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

53 all in for the week, happy out!

Red arrow from 31k to 39k with 47 pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Down 18k to 34k with 38.

Disaster of a week.

Mr. Average even beat me in a head-to-head match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

**** me. This morning I posted about expecting to stay in the top 50k going into the international break.

I was up from 67k to 45k last night with 39 points. Another 13 points today to get me to 52 but I've still fallen back down to 64k. Can't believe it.

I've been in and around this rank since week 8 now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pure shíte.

Down to 380k.

This season is getting tiresome.

Still smiling like a simpleton thanks to the Harps though.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    33 points all in.

Another miserable week. Another captain fail and more big red arrows!!

The enjoyment is waining. I feel like Mourinho

If there's anything I've learned, it's that things can change very quickly in this game.

Keep plugging away, it can turn so fast. 2 good GWs and you'll be back. That really can be all it takes.

I'm around 400k and hating the game right now. It's my worst year by a distance so far, but you just have to keep with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Worse than expected.

36 points see me go from 70k -> 140k.

Two transfers next week so think I'll hold off making them until Friday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

21k --> 53k with 34
    It's been a truly awful 3 gameweeks since I was at 6k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

38 points.

Down from ~42k to ~80k and my 3rd consecutive red arrow. A week where (almost) everything went wrong/against me.

I've already made my transfer for GW13 and taking a badly needed couple of weeks away from the game. See you all in a fortnight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

49 drops me to 45k. Decent week for me considering Id sanchez captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

7k down to 16k after 40 points.

Not a good week. Only positive was my transfer of Bony to Lukaku worked out.

SlickRic wrote: »
    If there's anything I've learned, it's that things can change very quickly in this game.

Keep plugging away, it can turn so fast. 2 good GWs and you'll be back. That really can be all it takes.

I'm around 400k and hating the game right now. It's my worst year by a distance so far, but you just have to keep with it.

Around 500k before this week and really don't want to look where now.

All captains have failed this year (bar Aguero).. every transfer I make doesn't seem to work out and everyone I hold off on getting in - seems to fire that week!

It's tiresome and I have a team so far off what I want I don't kno where to start..

What would be your advice of ripping up my team and starting again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Finished on 33 points and am now down to 77,000 overall. The less said the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Ended with 69 points, delighted.

A long way from my 17 points in Week 6. Back then I was happy with a midtable finish in my league, now I'm sitting in first and I plan on winning the thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Up 400k places but stranded at 1.8million OR.

Still rooted to the bottom of CSF'S 20 euro pay league too.

All captains have failed this year (bar Aguero).. every transfer I make doesn't seem to work out and everyone I hold off on getting in - seems to fire that week!

It's tiresome and I have a team so far off what I want I don't kno where to start..

It depends on your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Up to 217k from 300k. I'm happy enough with how the season has been going. Haven't used any chips bar my WC yet and have a team value of £105.4M.

Been a crazy year but om happy with my position in all my pay leagues so hope to push on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Too early to be worrying still plenty of time. For now I would just be sticking with the sensible plays it will swing back the other way at some point. The important thing to focus on when things are going well is that you are making the best decision possible thats all you can do. Keep your chin up!

It depends on your team.

Myhill McCarthy

Kol Bellerin Prodl Vertonghen Simpson

KDB Sanchrz Payet Mane Mahrez

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Myhill McCarthy

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

Nothing wrong with that at all. There are one or two you could change but in reality the improvement would only be small. Stay patient things will improve!

Myhill McCarthy

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

Yeah, nothing horrendously wrong. Mainly no Vardy (like me).

You can get Aguero easy enough by downgrading a midfielder I'd imagine when he's back.

Defence is ok (could do with tweaks).

The attack in particular also has decent games next GW (bar Ighalo arguably).

As I say it can easily turn soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Last week a picture could sum up my gameweek, this time a gif is required

giphy.gif

Bony as captain really hurt

Myhill McCarthy

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

OR 640k

1 pay league 50e - 2nd (5 points behind leader)

1 pay league 20e - 16th (72 off leader)

1 pay league 20e - 9th (52 behind 2nd - 104 behind 1st)

Boards Pay League - 60 odd position!

Haven't used any additional chips yet.. Perhaps it's mere frustration of another bad week and a GW rank of 3mil + when I should be catching not falling further behind!

Yeah, nothing horrendously wrong. Mainly no Vardy (like me).

You can get Aguero easy enough by downgrading a midfielder I'd imagine when he's back.

Defence is ok (could do with tweaks).

The attack in particular also has decent games next GW (bar Ighalo arguably).

As I say it can easily turn soon.

Vertonghen over Rose
    Prodl losing his place
    No Utd or Soton defensive cover

have hurt my defence spectacularly in the last few weeks!

Mane & Pelle is overkill so looking to move on 1.

Have 2.2m in bank for downgrading a midfielder to get Aguero back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

45 points all out for me, bang on the average, and a drop of 12k places to 41.8k. Another week, another captain fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My only week so far where I've been below the average. 35 points and drop to 109k :( some catching up to do next gameweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

45 points all out for me, bang on the average, and a drop of 12k places to 41.8k. Another week, another captain fail.
    I got the same score and fell from 100k to 128k. This game confuses the hell out of me at times.:(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Thepoet85 wrote:
    Up to 217k from 300k. I'm happy enough with how the season has been going. Haven't used any chips bar my WC yet and have a team value of £105.4M.

That was before today's games just realised :( Still at 290k so faring alright.

• Advertisement

OR 640k

1 pay league 50e - 2nd (5 points behind leader)

1 pay league 20e - 16th (72 off leader)

1 pay league 20e - 9th (52 behind 2nd - 104 behind 1st)

Boards Pay League - 60 odd position!

Haven't used any additional chips yet.. Perhaps it's mere frustration of another bad week and a GW rank of 3mil + when I should be catching not falling further behind!

Wish I entered that league :P

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Current OR is 370k. Considering just 5 weeks ago I was at 1.4m I am reasonably content with the ranking, but also when you take into account the weird season it has been so far. I had an injury crisis 4 weeks back and still have 3 injured in the squad which will prob have to go. Last year I ended up finishing 38k and hopefully with none of my chips played and further progress I aim to better my finish from last year. Going to
    wait a week until internationals for any transfers:
    Current team:

DDG. (McCarthy)
    Bellerin Bertrand Dier (Simpson , Staylor)
    KDB Sanchez Mahrez Mane (Westwood)
    Vardy Costa Lukaku

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

48 for the week, bit of a meh score, dropped slightly in overall rankings but rose slightly in most of my leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

De Bruyne missed open goal!
    After Kolarov last week, this is hurting real bad! (KDB captainer here).

My season is actually slowly turning into a nightmare. I'm still very nicely ranked (85k) but I was (40k 3 GWs ago) and should be much higher. I mean losing 30-40 pts on bad decisions/misfortunes is the same whether you're ranked 2M or inside top 10 overall, it's still 30-40 pts wasted.
    I can't get a captain right again, after last year's catastrophy. I did make bad decisions (GW8 WC instead of GW3 WC, Kolarov out for Bellerin transfer while I should have ditched Saylor instead). But lately, everything seems to go against me (Kolarov 8 pts swing minimum last week, KDB 10 pts at least (prob 16 if 1-0 FT) this week, Payet injury, Bony injury).

And I kinda happen to have created a new FF monster. Think it was FHFC who originated BUIB. Well looks like I made BUIB² (Big Useless Italian/Ivorian Basterds) :rolleyes: :mad: :pac:...
    • Got original BUIB for GW9 to replace Agüero. 2, 2, 6, 1. Should have gone, like many, Bony here.
    • Got new BUIB for GW9 to replace Martial. 2, 1. Should have gone Lukaku or Kane, like many, here. This one is worse though, got Bony as a reaction to his 16 pointer. Never wanted him since he's a definite transfer for Aguero's return. Should have followed my own "advice" and go for Kane last week, especially as I pointed out, even in a not that serious way, the greatness of MNF (C) in the captain thread.

Now I'm going into this international break in a very bad shape with 4 premium def, Payet & Bony injuries to cope with and Pellè to sort out. I'll have "lost" at least £0.2-0.3m on Lukaku & Kane. This value I didn't gain on the right players and the one I lost on my own ones will make it tough to get Agüero's back easily. I'm now crapfully hoping he stays injured a little longer :rolleyes:...

But, all that said,
    FHFC wrote: »

Pure shíte.

Down to 380k.

This season is getting tiresome.

Still smiling like a simpleton thanks to the Harps though.

if I may give you and myself an advice from my season last year, it's to continue playing YOUR way, forget about the current rankings and crap period ; things will eventually turn your way in the end. But, do not panic and be prepared to swallow it and fight back if it takes the whole season to finally reach a decent position.
    Last year I finally made it into top 10k in GW37 !!!!!! I had an exhausting season where I had to fight my way up until the last GW (finished 9k)! Overall and consistent captain failures, bad decisions, misfortunes, etc... I had the full package but I consider it my best season to have achieved the 4 digits finish. There are still some satisfactions to be taken from a tiresome season where you feel it'll never work out ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

iroced wrote: »

But, all that said,

if I may give you and myself an advice from my season last year, it's to continue playing YOUR way, forget about the current rankings and crap period ; things will eventually turn your way in the end. But, do not panic and be prepared to swallow it and fight back if it takes the whole season to finally reach a decent position.
    Last year I finally made it into top 10k in GW37 !!!!!! I had an exhausting season where I had to fight my way up until the last GW (finished 9k)! Overall and consistent captain failures, bad decisions, misfortunes, etc... I had the full package but I consider it my best season to have achieved the 4 digits finish. There are still some satisfactions to be taken from a tiresome season where you feel it'll never work out ;).

Good advice. It's always important to remember that it's a Marathon and not a sprint.

I finished the week on 45 better than many and worse than many. My investment in Everton Defense in particular is not paying off and I probably should have ditched after the Jagielka injury but I'll give it another week or so.

We all make our decisions to transfer based on a 3-4 week minimum. It's important to remember the reasons why we transferred in such and such and transferred out such and such. We won't always get the luck but if the reasoning was sound a week ago it's still sound after 1 GW.

As others have said, keep doing the sensible thing and the luck/genius ;) will balance itself out over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

37 points.

The brightside being I'm still inside 1m (at 941k ahem) :pac:

I'm really going to try hard next season to not, well, do Mr. P type things. In fairness last year I lasted until about this international window only doing one stupid thing (RVP (c)/Kevin Nolan) and was inside the top 10k.

Jamie Vardy eh? Who'd have thought it'd have been him to foil me at the start of the season :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What a difference a year makes! This was the 9th of November last year :o
    89 (-4) up to 6k from 16k and a GW rank of 5k. Delighted!

Life without Sanchez is easy. I don't recall any panic over the weekend at all :pac:

Here's the thread. Seems to be for GW 11 rather than GW 12 but the international break followed this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057322783

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Here's the thread. Seems to be for GW 11 rather than GW 12 but the international break followed this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057322783

"Life without Sanchez is easy"

Just goes to show. we've all held onto Sanchez way too long this season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Getting only 14 points from KdB, Kolorov, Monreal and Sanchez yesterday has resulted in a small drop for the week. I thought I was well set-up to finally get inside the top million again so that's been frustrating.

That being said, I have 2FTs to mull over the international break, a squad of players who are likely to rise in value and enough cash in the bank to bring back in Aguero without having to carry out surgery on my team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

51 pts gives a very moderate rise but I still can't get inside the top 100k. This season is becoming very frustrating. I think I'll gamble on a few differentials for the next GW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Had a look at the thread. Was at 112k last year (85k this year). Funny how your start and a bit of context changes your perception of things. 112k vs 85k are much of a muchness at this stage of the season (probably about 6-7 pts diff). Thought I was doing great this year though these last 3 GWs I slowed down while had this constant idea of struggle last year (6-7 pts apart in the OR :pac: this game pushes you into schizophrenia land :rolleyes: :pac:).

• Advertisement
Advertisement