Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build help

Options
  • 07-11-2015 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

just posted on reddit but thought ye might have more an idea since it was through boards I heard of mindfactory.de.

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.
    MOBA and hopefully fallout 4

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)
    medium to high on 720p/1080p

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

In what country are you purchasing your parts?
    Ireland

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list.[2] Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).
    2048MB PowerColor Radeon R9 270X PC…149 euro

i5 4460 .......176 euro

ASROCK H81M DGS REV 2.0.....40 euro

8gb gskill ripjawsx ddr3 2133mhz.......47 euro

550 watt corsair vs series.....45 euro

This is from the site mindfactory.de, has anyone else used this site from ireland?
    Forgot to mention I have a 240gb ssd with windows 10 already.
    Also what are your opinions on cheaping out and going for the a10 7870k with a cheap mobo and 2400mhz ram .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

We have no such restrictions on spoonfeeding builds. For €500 I'd go

i3 4160 €120
    H81M €50
    8gb DDR3 1600mhz €40
    1tb HDD €50
    case €30
    500w PSU €50
    GTX950 €160
    Total €500 rough

Really not feasible for an i5 at this budget without dropping your HDD, which can always be added later I guess.

Even with the extra €50 from the HDD I'd get a GTX960 or 380 over the i5

I know the recommended specs for Fallout 4 are an i7, its not going to take that to run it.

i3 vs A10 is no comparison, wouldn't even consider it.

I've used mindfactory no issue, I'd get the case from Amazon or dabs though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks alright. Don't go for that A10 APU though. You are much better off with a dedicated graphics card.

You could go for an i3 if you want to save some money. It will perform the same as the i5 in the majority of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

wallybrah wrote: »
    Also what are your opinions on cheaping out and going for the a10 7870k with a cheap mobo and 2400mhz ram .

Nope.

Everything else in your previously stated build, yes.
    We obviously don't know the specifics for a few days yet but medium settings at least judging from the demo and min specs.

Since the HWVS debacle tons have used Mindfactory and I've been using them for a good while - if you read German forums, they've been a much bigger entity at much better value for years, they're a default for German hardware albeit with an obscene international postage cost for cases and screens, ergo avoid cases and screens from them.

As an approximation people should look up siterankings for MF vs HWVS in Germany. Rough approximations but indicative of trends, especially of sites that get linked-to frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wallybrah

Ya 500 was more just a ballpark since I have the ssd and wouldn't need a HDD. Realistically I'll be spending at least 700 since I need a monitor and keyboard. I'll be ordering by next Thursday at the latest if I go with this build. The mobo I have included, is there any drawbacks to going so cheap on it?

DS, do you not think the i5 for under a hundred quid more is the better option for years to come as I really don't plan on upgrading for a long time if I do spend over 700 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

If you can afford the extra for the i5 do it.

• Advertisement

In that case I'd go for it now then so

One last question, I'll be connecting with WiFi so any card I should go for or is it easier to get a mobo that comes with it already?

Wifi ready boards are really expensive.

I'd get homeplugs if suitable

Is the h81 ok so or would I need to update it to use that? Is the b85 a better option?

Both much of a muchness to be fair, whichever has better features vs price

• Advertisement
Advertisement