Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown more popular than south Dublin for housing

Options

Comments

I'd imagine cost to be a major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What a silly article. Really has no substance. Nothing about schools, colleges, shops, crime, amenities, transport, pubs, restaurants, etc You could build a passive house in Leitrim, does that make Leitrim the most desirable county in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

ted1 wrote: »
    What a silly article. Really has no substance. Nothing about schools, colleges, shops, crime, amenities, transport, pubs, restaurants, etc You could build a passive house in Leitrim, does that make Leitrim the most desirable county in Ireland?

I think thats what he was saying Blanch has it all so does south dublin but with our irish perceptions we go for the universally held opinion that the grand old houses are the best.. Or most desired

bubblypop wrote: »

True but if you look at the cost of a three bed semi to rent there isnt a high amount between different areas

I think thats what he was saying Blanch has it all so does south dublin but with our irish perceptions we go for the universally held opinion that the grand old houses are the best.. Or most desired

no he doesn't, and it doesn't.

He sounds like someone that bought a car from China and is trying to justify his purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The article rings of 'I spoke to a bloke who likes one type of house over another type', then basing a whole demographic out of it. Next week he speaks to young Tarquin who favours a Dundrum crashpad and how areas such as Blanch are so last week.

no he doesn't, and it doesn't.

He sounds like someone that bought a car from China and is trying to justify his purchase.

Whats wrong with cars from china ! Everything else is made there

Whats wrong with cars from china ! Everything else is made there

How's life in Blanch?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/23/autobild-blows-up-fake-bmw-x5-china/

Great. Now whats the link about . Its not making any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

bubblypop wrote: »

Precisely.

When they quote him as saying "In Blanch the houses are modern and new and clean", what he is really saying is "In Blanch the houses I can afford are modern and new and clean"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Is Mark Keenan paid by the word?

Great. Now whats the link about . Its not making any point.

It's showing how bad a Chinese car can be.
    A Chinese product is one designed and made in China. A product that is made in China is very different as the R and D along with the quality specs are much different as they are usually done to an American or European design

It's showing how bad a Chinese car can be.
    A Chinese product is one designed and made in China. A product that is made in China is very different as the R and D along with the quality specs are much different as they are usually done to an American or European design

A now really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF you want a house for a reasonable price ,close to a large shopping
    centre its a good place to live in.
    You could buy almost anything in the main shopping centre with free parking.
    You could live there and not go near the city centre at all .
    And you,ll get a house with a large back garden and a front garden to park your car in.
    most houses near in the city centre have just a small back yard and maybe
    a small front garden.
    My friend bought a house there with a large garage
    which he turned into an extra bedroom.
    maybe the houses on the south side are alot more expensive in certain area,s .For a person on the average wage to buy .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

The three most important factors in the desirability of a house is location. That will never change. The period residences of Dublin 4 and 6 were abandoned in the 20th century due the the high running costs only to come back into favour later in the 20th century due to location. Most people are concerned with crime levels in an area, access to schools and colleges and convenience to the City Centre or amenities like the sea or mountains. Shopping centres are a secondary consideration as people have to drive to them anyway and a few minutes either way once a week is not a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Not everyone works in the city centre .
    There,s plenty of schools there .
    MY point is the shopping centre there is very large,
    you can buy just about anything there .All the big store,s pennys, dunne,s ,aldi,harvey norman have shops in the shopping centre .
    IF you live there there,s a good bus service and a motorway to bring you into the city centre .
    I lived in rathmines for 10 year,s
    but most people can,t afford to buy a house in dublin 4 or dublin 6 .
    i think clonsilla ,or roselawn dublin 15 are good area,s to buy in.
    As safe as most parts of the city.
    House,s on the southside tend to have a premium price in most area,s .
    IF you are at the age to buy a house you are probably past the stage of going to college .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My parents in law live in blanch, and my parents south side . Main problem I have with blanch is housing density. The volume of houses and people is crazy compared to amenities. These amenities are centralised in one main location. Which is a bitch to get to in the evenings and near christmas and Saturdays due to traffic. You also don't get a choice of schools. Not sure on the whole area, obviously but my sister in law had her name put on the list and was told she would get one of 2 schools. One 5 min away, the other 20. She thankfully got the close one but it wasn't up to them at the end of the day ( schools are a major issue everywhere I know!)

I just think the whole area is very cramped ! Although the transport is better than the south side with them having the train line

I just think the whole area is very cramped ! Although the transport is better than the south side with them having the train line

Dart, Luas, QBC, InterRail, etc all on the SouthSide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I'm thinking more terenure, templeogue, rathfarnham, knocklyon. Considered quite desirable and only have buses.

Advertisement