Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish webmaster forum

Options
  • 07-11-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi guys
    Anyone know what happened to the Irish Webmaster Forum?
    Been a while since I visited and possibly it was taken down some time ago.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi guys
    Cheers

I took it offline a while back. It'll be back ...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Good to hear. I imagine running and moderating that forum is a full time job.
    Why was it taken offline? Resources, hacking, redesign ?

Good to hear. I imagine running and moderating that forum is a full time job.
    Why was it taken offline? Resources, hacking, redesign ?

I think I moved it from one server to another due to a version of PHP or something (can't recall the details)
    It was using up to many resources on the machine as there was a more important site on the same server .. so shut it down ..
    I need to find the time to move it to possibly another machine or something .. just haven't had time

*cough*
    cloudstore.blacknight.com/hosting/fixed-cloud-hosting.html

:)

*cough*
    cloudstore.blacknight.com/hosting/fixed-cloud-hosting.html

:)

I've got plenty of servers :) What I don't have is plenty of free time to move stuff around :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Blacknight wrote: »
    I've got plenty of servers :) What I don't have is plenty of free time to move stuff around :)

Boards comes with many volunteers I'm sure ;) *cough* EdenStudios *cough*

Itzy wrote: »
    Boards comes with many volunteers I'm sure ;) *cough* EdenStudios *cough*

LOL. You're speaking to a man that's binned several personal projects over the years because I just didn't have the time. These days the"fugg it, never gonna get a chance to do it" firewall is set to max :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I've just started back into working on some projects I have on github, getting rid of the ones I don't want to work on. 5 minutes to get up to speed with command line git on Linux. I'm surprised as Windows based GUI tools used to wreck my head.

I'd throw it back up of I had a Windows Server and the freedom to use another development language.

Hi guys
    Cheers

It's back as of today.
    Still needs a bit of tweaking but it's functional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Blacknight wrote: »
    It's back as of today.
    Still needs a bit of tweaking but it's functional :)

Good to hear, I'll pop back in as regularly as I can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement