Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreliable coverage - getting out of mobile contract

Options
  • 07-11-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a three contract (was an O2 customer) that has 6 months remaining. Since three took over from o2, coverage has become very unreliable, with lots of times where there is no coverage at all. I live in a town and never had any issues when it was o2.

I have complained over 10 days ago. They were meant to get back me within 3-5 working days but have done nothing.

At this point, I want to get out of the contract as they aren't providing the service I am paying for. So far, they are asking for a large fee to end it but wanted to see if anyone knows what I can do to just have it ended without payment. If anything, I think I could be asking them for a refund, certainly not paying to exit a service they aren't delivering.

Any pointers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

In the same boat, once 3 took over the service became really crap, tho I have only 2 months to go so just going to wait till its going to end...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Carraig77

complain in writing (email to three stating times and dates u had issues). If they don't respond or help u contact comreg. I had same issue with Internet coverage or lack of Internet coverage. three customer service was most unhelpful. I contacted comreg with details of issues speed test results etc.they investigated and three released me from contract as they were not supplying the service I was paying for....

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Great, I have compiled this now and will email comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act should apply here?

If the service isn't of merchantable quality Three are breaking the terms of service and contract (is my interpretation of that)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I have constant billing errors from my network and they keep telling me to talk to the shop,as it was their mistake,despite me showing them the evidence,they have a nasty shock on the way this week and im gone..
    Comreg have been notified,the network cant hold my number and the network im moving to gave me a sweet deal so im happy,will gladly go to court and laugh at old network when the time comes,but comreg will see sense so I shouldn't have to go to court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

I have contacted ComReg who have told me to file a "formal complaint" and get a reference number off Three. Three then have 10 working days to deal with it before ComReg can intervene, so I will update how it goes here in case anyone reading this is in a similar boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I have contacted ComReg who have told me to file a "formal complaint" and get a reference number off Three. Three then have 10 working days to deal with it before ComReg can intervene, so I will update how it goes here in case anyone reading this is in a similar boat.

All comreg can do is act as an official adjudicator for the responses they get from you and three. If three say there is no problem comreg can't check that, they have to believe three unless you can provide evidence to prove otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The problem is that the alternatives aren't great either...

I was with 3 (not an O2 port-over) and it worked fine everywhere except the place I moved to earlier in the year. At the front of the house it's OK.. crap at the back.
    As I was on a SIM only deal (and having had a very bad experience with eircom/emobile/meteor previously), I decided to try Vodafone having never been with them before but hearing good things here and elsewhere.

But turns out they're no better at home and their 4G is so oversubscribed in general (I'm assuming that's what it is) that it's best to leave the phone in 3G mode. They're also more expensive and you get far less for your money as well.
    I managed to get one of their signal boosters that use your broadband too and they got snotty because I didn't buy it from them directly but from a fella on adverts.

So I think I'll be going back to 3 when the VF contract is up and at least saving myself that extra tenner each month as well as getting more for it.

Advertisement