Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmail error

Options
  • 07-11-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

I cannot send emails from webmail. The error shown in the attachment is returned each time.

It's only happening on one account. The other eircom emails are working fine.

A bit of googling tells me that it's Zimbra software problem.
    https://www.google.ie/#q=Could+not+send+message:+mail.SEND_FAILURE:+MESSAGE_NOT_DELIVERED

It happens on multiple computers, browsers and internet connections.

A long chat session with support couldn't fix it but he was treating the PC as the cause of it.
    It's fairly obvious the problem is on eircoms end.
    His final solution was to dump the account and set up a Gmail address.:D

We can send/receive no problem through the email app on a Samsung tablet.
    This problem is just via webmail.

The full error contains account details so I can PM it to you if required.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Any of the Eir crew want to have a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Hi kaizersoze

The best advice I can offer is to contact email support on Local 1890260260, that and instant WebChat (www.eir.ie/chatnow) really are the only email support channels available from eir.

Thanks
    AL

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi kaizersoze

The best advice I can offer is to contact email support on Local 1890260260, that and instant WebChat (www.eir.ie/chatnow) really are the only email support channels available from eir.

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks Al,

As I said, we've already been down the email support road both on the phone and a lengthy session on WebChat but to no avail.
    Their advice is to drop the account and create a Gmail account. They're also blaming the PC and it clearly isn't.

The account has been tried on multiple computers, browsers and internet connections.
    I can also use other Eircom webmail accounts on the same PC without issue.

Hi kaizersoze

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks Al,

As I said, we've already been down the email support road both on the phone and a lengthy session on WebChat but to no avail.
    Their advice is to drop the account and create a Gmail account. They're also blaming the PC and it clearly isn't.

The account has been tried on multiple computers, browsers and internet connections.
    Sorry to hear this kaizersoze

Would you like to PM me the affected email address and I'll seek clarification?

Cheers
    Al

Hi kaizersoze

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks Al,

Cheers
    Al
    Any luck with this Alan?

• Advertisement

Hi kaizersoze

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks Al,

Cheers
    Al
    Any luck with this Alan?
    Apologies for the delays kaizersoze

I know you have contacted them already but the only advice I am being offered by email support is to contact them directly as they will need to look in to this further. I am sorry I can't do more for you here.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement