Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice about future family needed

• 07-11-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there I'm 39 and I have already got children. The father of my children left a few years ago, we are now divorced. At the time, when I was married, I didn't know that my husband was having affairs and I didn't know he was going to leave....one of my children has special needs , and so, it was decided between us that I would have tubal ligation. He was adamant not to have a vasectomy, which only made sense to me after (of course). In any case, I had tubal ligation, and shortly thereafter he left. Now, years on, I have met someone . He is younger than me, and really wants children of his own. I want to know if anyone out there has had tubal ligation reversal done, what cost etc. Time is running out on me now.
    I know lots of people are going to say-why did you have it done in the first place-but that was then and this is now, and circumstances change.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - we cannot give medical advice here on Boards. Have you had a chance to speak to your GP or your original surgeon about reversing the procedure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

You would really need to speak to your doctor and ask for a referral, I think the difficulty of the surgery depends on what method was used to do the ligation in the first place, but I would imagine it could be costly and painful.

You've been through so much and your husband sounds like a total cad. But I would be thinking very, very carefully about this surgery. I think your chances of conception may be lower after getting the ligation reversed and at your age, it may be difficult to conceive even without the added issues of the surgery. You say your new partner wants kids of his own, but you don't mention what you want. I would hate you to go through the mental and physical trauma of this surgery and the subsequent trying to conceive if you're not 110% sure this is what you want.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Do you have to have the tubal ligation reversed or could you look at doing something like IVF without having the reversal? I'd say your best bet would be to go and chat with a doctor about what the success rates are of conceiving naturally after reversal, and see what the doctor recommends, before you start looking at things like costs etc.

Advertisement