Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left phone in taxi

Options
  • 07-11-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Last night on my way home from the city I managed to leave my iphone 6 in a taxi. When I attempted to ring the phone afterwards, it was turned off (not a good sign).
    However, I did get a receipt which contains the vehicle reg number and taxi license number.
    Does anyone know if there is a way for me to get in contact with the driver to ask for the iphone to be returned?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You could try this but I don't know if it gives driver details.
    https://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/check-if-a-taxi-driver-is-properly-licensed/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Do you have "find my iPhone" app?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Maybe a passenger took it?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Thanks for all the responses.
    @davo10, the find my iphone app was enabled, but unfortunately doesnt work when the phone was turned off :-(
    @amdublin, it is possible that another passenger took the phone. However, I rang the phone very shortly after leaving the taxi and it was turned off. I believe it was too short a time for him to pick up another fare. Secondly, I was left off in a remote-ish area of Dublin. The chances of the taxi getting flagged down shortly after me getting out are slim. Thirdly, I was in the front seat. I would assume that the driver would have seen the passenger find the iphone beside them.

@mordeith, thanks, Ive tried that and it gives the name of the driver, but no contact details. I will give it to the guards and see if they can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Thanks for all the responses.
    @davo10, the find my iphone app was enabled, but unfortunately doesnt work when the phone was turned off :-(
    @amdublin, it is possible that another passenger took the phone. However, I rang the phone very shortly after leaving the taxi and it was turned off. I believe it was too short a time for him to pick up another fare. Secondly, I was left off in a remote-ish area of Dublin. The chances of the taxi getting flagged down shortly after me getting out are slim. Thirdly, I was in the front seat. I would assume that the driver would have seen the passenger find the iphone beside them.

@mordeith, thanks, Ive tried that and it gives the name of the driver, but no contact details. I will give it to the guards and see if they can help.

As soon as it is switched on, find my iPhone pins the location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Maybe it fell on the ground when you got out of the taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 irishneo

have you got phone insurance??
    just claim a new one.

Advertisement