Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone issue no refund or replacement

Options
  • 07-11-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've just received my phone back after being repaired for a month to find a new separate issue with the display.

I brought it back to the shop to ask for a new handset or a refund but was told since I've had the phone longer than 28 days my only option is to send it back for another repair.

Is this correct? reading consumer rights online it seems I should be eligible for a refund or replacement phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You have to just laugh at repair policies with the phone companies - they're designed to fob the customer off.

OP, in an instance like this, I would ignore the shop's policy. The only issue is that the shop itself has little to no power to do anything other than follow the policy, going back to them at this stage will be a waste of breath and lead to a frustrating circular debate. I would send a registered letter to the company's head office detailing the issue and how sending it for repair again is in contravention to your consumer rights. Give them a reasonable window of time to remedy the situation and be prepared to start SCC proceedings if you don't get a satisfactory solution. Having seen situations like this before I would hedge my bets that HO will instruct the store to replace the phone for you before you need to fill out the SCC application.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Thanks for the reply, I've left a message on the "talk to " forum so I'll see what the reply is first before going this route, thanks for the info though!

Advertisement