Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nail courses?

Options
  • 07-11-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi I am just wondering if there is anyone here that can advise me somewhat. I am looking to become a professional nail technician where I can work in a salon or from home. Can anyone advise me should I be looking at a college year course or can this be done in a shorter time in the evenings etc. Should I learn about all types of nail applications or stick with one say shellac or gel etc. Also looking to do a spray tanning course and maybe an upstyling course on the side if anyone has info on that?. Basically I'm going through a mid life crisis here and I'm trying to plan a career! I need something that I can do while raising a new born and a 2 1/2 year old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Have a look at the threads on www.salongeek.com.

There's a lot of good advice about how to get into nails and beauty, especially if it's not your first career choice. ;)

Personally I'd recommend either doing a recognised qualification via college such as an NVQ or do the full training with a quality brand such as CND.

Best of luck with your new career!

Advertisement