Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FMCB on PS2

• 07-11-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

As far as I understand, a single memory card can't run FMCB for a PAL and NTSC PS2, but can I use a hardmodded PAL PS2 to setup FMCB on a card for an NTSC PS2?

Lot of PS2 there. Thanks for any answers given

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

You can run FMCB with a single PS2 memory card on PAL or NTSC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Turns out I can't for anyone who finds this in future.

You need to set up FMCB on an NTSC PS2 for an NTSC PS2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

I don't know where you are getting your information from but you are completely misguided. I've exploited a few PAL PS2's.

If anyone wants to exploit a PAL or NTSC PS2 with FMCB it is very simple. All you need is a retail copy of 007 Agent Under Fire, blank dvd-r's and a PS2 with a memory card.

Then just follow the instructions on FMCB website:
    http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/swap.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Personal experience?

Exploited two memory cards with a PAL PS2, both work on the PAL PS2 and neither work on the NTSC one, I don't think it gets much clearer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't know where you are getting your information from but you are completely misguided

It does seem that a FMcB installation, will only propogate that same region to subsequent installs (so an exploited PAL PS2 can only then make copies of a FMcB installation that will work on PAL PS2's). It seems to be down to memory card structure, rather than any region locking.

I read something about a cross-region install of FMcB, so maybe you should have a look at that (it'll mean re-exploiting a PS2, but choosing a different install option for FMcB)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

A multi install will allow the card to be used on any console, any version, any region. Function has been available since version 1.8.
    Have created cards on various versions of PAL, NTSCU and NTSCJ consoles. All work on any console.

Advertisement