Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card - moving to Contactless?

Options
  • 07-11-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife and I opened a joint account about a year and a half ago. 
    We opted at the time for regular debit cards (ie not contactless). However, we would like to have the contactless option now.
    Is it possible for us to change? If so, how do we go about this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Bradt Pitt wrote: »
    Hi,

We opted at the time for regular debit cards (ie not contactless). However, we would like to have the contactless option now.

Thanks in advance
    Hi Bradt Pitt, 

Thanks for your post.

Yes you certainly can, if you contact BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 00 353 1 4044000 a colleague will happily order new cards for you. 

Customer service reps are available from 8 am - Midnight Monday to Friday, and 9 am to 6 pm Saturday, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

I hope this helps,

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Hi Bradt Pitt, 

Thanks for your post.

Yes you certainly can, if you contact BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 00 353 1 4044000 a colleague will happily order new cards for you. 

Customer service reps are available from 8 am - Midnight Monday to Friday, and 9 am to 6 pm Saturday, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

I hope this helps,

Janette
    Hi Janette,

Thanks for the advice. I rang up but was told it would cost €8 EACH to be issued with a new card - in other words €16 to issue two new cards, a total rip-off in my opinion.
    As if BOI weren't making enough out us in fees. Disappointing. 

Anyway, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Hi Bradt Pitt, 

Thanks for your post.

I hope this helps,

Janette
    Hi Janette,

Thanks for the advice. I rang up but was told it would cost €8 EACH to be issued with a new card - in other words €16 to issue two new cards, a total rip-off in my opinion.

Hi Bradt Pitt, 

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with this card re-issuing charge. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback and thanks for your comments. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Hi Bradt Pitt, 

Thanks for your post.

I hope this helps,

Janette
    Hi Janette,

Hi Bradt Pitt, 

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with this card re-issuing charge. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback and thanks for your comments. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah. I know it's nothing to do with you - I've always found BOI staff to be excellent.
    The charges, however, are beginning to get out of hand. A lot of people are moving to PTSB and I'd say we will too.

Advertisement