Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

K5 GSXR paddock stand

• 07-11-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows will these paddock stand suit a 2005 gsxr 600? if so what else do i need to buy with them? the seller isnt confident they will fit but says they are universal.

WARRIOR MOTORCYCLE/BIKE FRONT & REAR ALLOY/ALUMINIUM UNIVERSAL PADDOCK STAND KIT

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

I haven't used them before, but from looking at the pictures you will need a set of bobbins or cotton reels, they should fit the k5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Gazza09

thelawman wrote: »
    I haven't used them before, but from looking at the pictures you will need a set of bobbins or cotton reels, they should fit the k5

Cheers,

Going to store it for the winter and im just unsure about everything to do than just let it sit in a shed on the side stand for 3/4 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Gazza09 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody knows will these paddock stand suit a 2005 gsxr 600? if so what else do i need to buy with them? the seller isnt confident they will fit but says they are universal.

WARRIOR MOTORCYCLE/BIKE FRONT & REAR ALLOY/ALUMINIUM UNIVERSAL PADDOCK STAND KIT

Cheers in advance.

I have one for my R1.Adjustable width and very light to lift and use too.

Get a good set of R+G swingarm bobbins/cotton reels and you wont have any problems.:)

]DSCN4486_zps93jubk2y.jpg

I have one for my R1.Adjustable width and very light to lift and use too.

Get a good set of R+G swingarm bobbins/cotton reels and you wont have any problems.:)

]DSCN4486_zps93jubk2y.jpg

Is that the same one as the ones i was askin about?! Im thinkn of getn front and rear could you recommend good bobbins for a 2005 gsxr 600? Cheers

As mentioned above,R+G would be a good make of bobbin/cotton reel.

You want a good deep cotton reel on the swingarm so that the Warrior paddock stand can hook into them well and good for good lift and support.

• Advertisement

As mentioned above,R+G would be a good make of bobbin/cotton reel.

You ant a good deep cotton reel on the swingarm so that the Warrior paddock stand can hook into them well and good for good lift and support.

Cheers appreciate it

I think Cotters sell Warrior paddock stands at a good price.

Gazza09 wrote: »

Cheers in advance.

Black Friday today and lots of places doing 20-30% off prices and allready discounted prices.

Now is the time to buy your paddock stand my friend.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Word of warning: do not buy cheap bobbins! You will made in China ones on eBay for few euro. A lot of these are made of galvanised mild steel which can shear under the bikes weight (speaking from a scary experience)!

Can't go wrong with R&G ones. They will be made of stainless steel (the threaded bar piece...which is what takes the weight).

Advertisement