Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade

Options
  • 07-11-2015 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all,

further to thread here it appears mobo/cpu dead so upgrade required.

Head is dizzy over last few days trying to sift through all the forums/combinations/reviews :eek:

Base machine is a Dell 630i with a MSI N660 Ti 2gd5/OC graphics card which will be reused.

All indicators are that a full ATX board is required, given the quirky nature of Dell cases.

It's the brothers machine & will be used primarily for Autocad video rendering.

He's on a budget, but this may just fit the bill. Plus €50 from Crucial for 8gb RAM (Which he can expand in the future) It's over the upper end of his budget, but he might stretch!

As I said I've gone blind over last few days, never realised there were so many feckin Intel processors!!! :o

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

1. What is your budget? [€200-300]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Autocad

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Dell 750W PSU; Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb & MSI MSI N660 Ti 2gd5/OC graphics card

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?N/A

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Depends on Vendor!

9. When are you purchasing? 10

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No need in such a high end board.

Can get an i5 4460 and a B85 with 16bg DDR3 for about 320 or so.

i5 €175
    Board €60
    Ram €80
    Rough prices, delivery might add a little. 8gb RAM will knock €40 off obviously

Advertisement