Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving Horizon Box to bedroom

• 07-11-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have the horizon box in my living room and the multi room box with the UPC interface in my bedroom. Just had Virgin. Media installed today

I watch 90% of my TV in my bedroom can I switch boxes so the horizon one is my bedroom? It's a much better interface but I know the horizon box carries the broadband so don't want to mess that up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

You won't mess it up if all your devices are wireless

If you've nothing connected to the LAN ports, go for it :)

Only issue you might have is the WiFi range which horizon has a reputation of being poor. You can always try it and move back

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Billy Greenbush

Thanks

Also do you know anything about connection issues between Apple TV and horizon broadband? The Apple TV is recognising the wifi network but won't connect....I've tried all the usual things resetting Apple TV etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

I've no idea if anyone else knows anyone but I have horizon and had an apple TV and didn't have any problems

When you pick up the IP, what IP/DNS servers are you getting from horizon? Did you try setting them manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Billy Greenbush

IP : 192.168.192.8
    DNS: 192.168.192.1

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2708014?start=0&tstart=0

I came across the above .

Advertisement