Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Lodging Cash

Options
  • 07-11-2015 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me the steps to follow to lodge some cash into my account with Ulster Bank on the quay. Idiot proof steps please.

I am only used to taking money out:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

do they have those god awful self service machines like bank of ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, they don't have those machines.

OP: who are you lodging to? If it's just to another UB account,once you have the account details you wish to lodge to, it's really only a matter of giving the counter staff those details and the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

They have a fast lodgement box next to the counter, there's envelopes on top of it.

put the cash in one of the envelopes, and fill in the blanks: name, Cash amount and Telephone Number

then either
    1.write your sort code and Bank account Number
    or
    2. write your Bank card number in the appropriate box

and pop the envelope in the box, the cash will be in your account about an hour later

Oh.. and take some envelopes for the next time, beats queuing at the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

BuffyBot wrote: »
    No, they don't have those machines.

OP: who are you lodging to? If it's just to another UB account,once you have the account details you wish to lodge to, it's really only a matter of giving the counter staff those details and the cash.

Some banks are charging a 60c fee for any customer assisted transaction.:eek:
    Alpha Centauri: They have a fast lodgement box next to the counter, there's envelopes on top of it.

put the cash in one of the envelopes, and fill in the blanks: name, Cash amount and Telephone Number

then either
    1.write your sort code and Bank account Number
    or
    2. write your Bank card number in the appropriate box

and pop the envelope in the box, the cash will be in your account about an hour later

Oh.. and take some envelopes for the next time, beats queuing at the counter

Thanks for that, I knew there was a machine there but wasn't sure how it handles cash lodgements.

On a side note, what would happen if I lodged €200 and they said there was only €180 there.

Advertisement