Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile iphone repair

• 07-11-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Not sure if this is the best place for this issue, but Ill fire away..

I'm having a problem with Eir mobile shop. (its a franchise one in my local town)

I bought a iPhone 6s 64g under contract 2 weeks ago, the mute switch has become loose and malfunctioned.

As it was under 30days, I went into the store to arrange a replacement as it was under the 30days grace (consumer rights etc)

I was told no and has to be sent back to apple. This leaves me without and iPhone and because I'm leaving the country for 2 months next week, I need this replaced ASAP.

So I rang apple to see what I they could do, they're were shocked the the shop didn't give me a replacement and quoted my rights etc. So I went back to shop and told them what apple said. The lady in the shop wasn't having any of it and refuse to do anything for me but except send it in for repair. Even wouldn't send it off on the day so it will processed sooner (I would have to wait till this Monday).

Because time is of the essence etc, I was livid!

So my last option is to arrange an express repair but that leaves my credit card with a hold of 800 euro or so. Which to me is not right as the purchase contract is with the shop still!

Anyhow, any advise or someone in the similar situation...I just want my phone replaced! :o

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If eir won't replace it then Apple will definitely be the quickest turnaround. The hold will come off the card as soon as they get it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The Express Replacement might cost you €29 too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

damo86 wrote: »
    Hello,

Not sure if this is the best place for this issue, but Ill fire away..

I'm having a problem with Eir mobile shop. (its a franchise one in my local town)

I bought a iPhone 6s 64g under contract 2 weeks ago, the mute switch has become loose and malfunctioned.

As it was under 30days, I went into the store to arrange a replacement as it was under the 30days grace (consumer rights etc)

I was told no and has to be sent back to apple. This leaves me without and iPhone and because I'm leaving the country for 2 months next week, I need this replaced ASAP.

So I rang apple to see what I they could do, they're were shocked the the shop didn't give me a replacement and quoted my rights etc. So I went back to shop and told them what apple said. The lady in the shop wasn't having any of it and refuse to do anything for me but except send it in for repair. Even wouldn't send it off on the day so it will processed sooner (I would have to wait till this Monday).

Because time is of the essence etc, I was livid!

So my last option is to arrange an express repair but that leaves my credit card with a hold of 800 euro or so. Which to me is not right as the purchase contract is with the shop still!

Anyhow, any advise or someone in the similar situation...I just want my phone replaced! :o

Many thanks

The quickest way to get the phone replaced is through Apple directly. forget Eir, if you go to apple.ie/support and start a iPhone repair it will take you through a few pages. They will send UPS / DHL to collect you phone, diagnose/repair and return it to you. The whole process takes about a week. I have always just don't without my phone for the week but there is a facility to get an instant replacement but for a fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Thanks for the replies guys. The apple express repair it is then. They're going to do it free of charge so happy days.

More annoyed at the eir shop foul attitude and not willing to help. The non refund/ replacement policy I presume is common for all networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Happy days, when it comes to Apple repairs under warranty your better off direct. Shops and the likes just came confuse the issue and lengthen the repair time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Razor Russ wrote: »
    The quickest way to get the phone replaced is through Apple directly. forget Eir, if you go to apple.ie/support and start a iPhone repair it will take you through a few pages. They will send UPS / DHL to collect you phone, diagnose/repair and return it to you. The whole process takes about a week. I have always just don't without my phone for the week but there is a facility to get an instant replacement but for a fee
    They usually just send a refurb when they get yours back and make sure it's eligible under warranty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

damo86 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys. The apple express repair it is then. They're going to do it free of charge so happy days.

More annoyed at the eir shop foul attitude and not willing to help. The non refund/ replacement policy I presume is common for all networks?

On iPhones yes, I believe so.

Advertisement