Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Hair Colouring

Options
  • 07-11-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have grey hairs near my temples. I've been putting off dying my hair as other the grey bits I'm very happy with the colour. I have very dark brown hair which has never been dyed before.

As I've never coloured my hair before I don't know where to start. Does it need a full permanent colour all over or is there a way of just colouring the grey bits. The grey isn't through the length of my hair and I would like to keep the colouring to a minimum.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Silas45 wrote: »
    I have grey hairs near my temples. I've been putting off dying my hair as other the grey bits I'm very happy with the colour. I have very dark brown hair which has never been dyed before.

As I've never coloured my hair before I don't know where to start. Does it need a full permanent colour all over or is there a way of just colouring the grey bits. The grey isn't through the length of my hair and I would like to keep the colouring to a minimum.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You sound a bit like me. When I was started colouring my hair it was because of going grey at the temples. I started off on semi permanent colours on the roots only. I still mainly get the roots done and then get the colour combed down for the last few minutes for shine more than anything else. I strongly advice you to go to a salon and get their advice rather than doing a home colour if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Silas45

Thanks Mia. Think i might try the hairdressers. Don't want to get it all dyed if i don't have to.

Advertisement