Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doogee F3 pro review

• 07-11-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭

Have this phone for a few days to replace a MotoG 2nd gen. Wanted a 5" screen with as much power as possible for less than €200. This was €160.

First impressions are good, came with a fitted screen protector, a spare, a case and charger. a lot more than came with my Moto.

Pros:
    Feels very premium for the price, real alloy frame, 2d Gorrilla glass, looks great.
    Nice features like double tap the screen to wake, draw a C while sleeping and it goes straight to the camera.
    Performance is much better than the Moto, no lag at all on Lollipop 5.1.
    No bloat ware at all, very clean Android experience.
    Camera and video very good, some nice features lacking on the Moto.

Cons:
    Wifi range doesn't seem as strong as before
    Volume button a bit rattly
    Speaker not as good as MotoG.
    Miss Motorola assist
    No notification light

Overall a super phone, we will see if it reliable, previous experience of Chinese phones has not been great, Zopomobile and Xiaomi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Waiting on mine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Follow up. Wifi is appalling, very poor signal. MotoG will show 5 bars, Doogee 1 or 2. Let me know how yours is Hawkwind.

Wifi is fine as is 4g on Tesco.
    3G fine and havent had issues like that.

BUT

i have plenty of issues.

Battery is crap and it runs red hot when playing high end games which kills the battery.
    Charging port is loose.
    Loads of apps dont work that should , google now , google plus for example.
    Few dodgy looking apps pre installed , look up apps running or all apps , you cant uninstall only disable and the keyboard one took a while to stop , it was messing up swiftkey.

Still happy with the quality of the phone esp after messing around with it and fixing small niggles.
    defo not one you can use out of the box

Battery is pure turd , any use at all and 3/4 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Would the doogee x5 pro be Much better??? Upgrading from xperia s

• Advertisement

How you getting along with phone now?

My first Chinese one and for sure they dont work out of the box.

However had a week or so now and although i havent been able to root it , ive tweaked it and battery is okish.
    Cant play games as it kills the battery but other than that you get a day no bother.

Build quality is as good as any phone in the £2-£300 range and had no issues.

So as an update to my frustrations when unboxed , its a really good phone for the money , only downside for me is the battery.
    I would recommend it to someone who knew the basics of Android and could tweak it or root it , be a frustrating experience for someone used to something working out of the box.

Also had an OTA update which i found really impressive

Getting along OK. In terms of looks and materials it is streets ahead of anything else in the price bracket. Got the OTA which went seamlessly. Really like some features, double tap screen to wake, draw 'C' on screen to go to camera, etc.

Way faster than MotoG, but you'd expect that, did a side by side test and it rockets along. No lag anywhere.

The wifi range is hopeless though, 15-30 feet from router and it is gone. Wish I could fix that. What kind of range does your get?

Battery life needs to managed, but has similar issues with the MotoG.

Ill try test the WiFi over the weekend , im in a flat so never far from the router.
    4G is great on Tesco.
    Maybe try changing the frequency on the router?
    I came from MotoG too, flies along is right but i find it gets very warm when processor put to task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 rob223

I like the phone and would be interested what niggles people changed, what app they used to root, what changes they made, any other hints they have and what apps they added to improve the phone and what battery saving app or fixes to improve battery life ?

rob223 wrote: »
    I like the phone and would be interested what niggles people changed, what app they used to root, what changes they made, any other hints they have and what apps they added to improve the phone and what battery saving app or fixes to improve battery life ?

I have not rooted it, and everything works fine bar the wifi, whose range is a third of that of any other device in the house. Speaker is also poor. Battery not a big issue for me is I don't watch videos or game on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement