Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing the Numbers game: Sub 5;10;17;36;60;80

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

well done BIB Jnr ( and snr of course !)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Back in Black

Monday 13th March: 6 miles @ 8:35

Very handy 5:30 am run. Done a good 20 min core workout in the evening.

Tuesday 14th March: 7 mile easy @ 8:31

Another 5:30 am run and kept it handy. First real day of spring!

Wednesday 15th March: 6 mile including 3 x 1mile@ 6:20 pace

Squeezed this in before work.

Splits for the 1 miles were 6:08;6:12;6:13

Done 1.5 miles easy on either ends and took 3 mins rest between miles.

PM: 4 mile @ 8:48 pace - young lad was doing Athletics training so heading out with one of the lads for an easy run

Daily total: 10 miles

Thursday 16th March: 10.1 miles @ 8:10

A rare day off so decided to squeeze in a long run. Headed out to the forest trails early and miles clicked by. Felt sluggish at the start but got going after a few miles.

Friday 17th March: 6.2 mile @ 8:57

Went out late with running buddy for this. Nice to get out and have the chat.

Saturday 18th March: 2.5 mile @ 9:05

Out for a few mile to make sure the legs still work ahead of race tomorrow.

Sunday 19th March: 6 mile including MSB 5k@18:46

Had planned this around family trip to the big smoke and liked the idea of running around the streets of Dublin. Decided to try and go out at a decent clip and hang on for as long as possible. This worked for first 2kms but went against me over the rest of the race. Wind was a factor which didn't help either but at least I've ruling out going out hard as a sensible approach to racing :D

Splits tell their own tale: 3:22; 3:30;3:42;3:53; 3:43; 0:36

Am not going to beat myself up over this one even though time is really disappointing.

Weekly Total: 47.8 miles

Started a new 8 week 10k training plan this week so will see where that takes me as I really want to eat into my 10k time this year.

Monday 20th Mar: 6 mile easy @ 8:22 with 10 x 15 second strides

5:30 am start in the cold. Legs felt fine after the race.

20 min core workout in the evening.

Tuesday 21st Mar: Rest

One of those days where everything conspired against my attempts to run. First snow in the morning, then work during the day and a evening meeting meant it didn't happen.

Wednesday 22nd Mar:

AM: 9 mile with 6x1 @ 6:02 target pace with 3 min rec.

I was wary of this one and not overly confident that I would hit the target paces. Headed down to the GAA pitch track for it and got stuck in after a warm-up mile.

And surprisingly this didn't feel bad at all!! Never felt I wouldn't hit the target. Although body did feel tired over the last few.
    Splits:
    5:58
    5:59
    6:00
    6:01
    5:57
    5:58

Total: 9 miles after cooldown

PM: 5:15 miles recovery @ 9:05

Usual Wednesday evening trot while the young lad had his athletics training. Kept it real handy.

Thursday 23rd March: 6.6 miles @ 8:23

Very early run for this as time was tight so just squeezed in as much as I could.

Friday 24th March: 5 mile @ 8:12

Keeping with this weeks theme of being pressed for tim, I just about squeezed this in.

Saturday 25th March: 12 mile LSR @ 8:07 avg pace

Headed out in the late afternoon sunshine and it was fantastic. Really enjoyed this one and body felt good and fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

That's one quality session Wednesday J, all eyes on Dunshaughlin I take it for the 10k?

tang1 wrote: »
    That's one quality session Wednesday J, all eyes on Dunshaughlin I take it for the 10k?

Not this year B. Will be in France for Dunshaughlin this year. Maynooth in May is looking like target race at minute.

How is the recovery going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Great session alright J, impressive splits

TbL

Sunday 26th March: 7.5 miles including 8 x 80sec hills with jog back recovery.

Mrs BinB was going swimming in the river first thing so had got the long run out of the way yesterday which left this interesting wee session up for today. I had to wait until late afternoon to get out after going to watch the Cavan v Kerry match. Was crazy warm heading out and thought this could be a bit of a slog!

Started off with a nice and handy 4 miles around the local gaa pitch and then started out with the hills. Made sure I put in an honest effort and kept the form good for the first one as I planned to make this the benchmark for the rest of the reps.

Managed that and hit the same spot for all the reps so happy with the consistency of it and the effort.

Was absolutely wrecked after this but good to get it under the belt.

Weekly total: 51.25 miles

Monday 27th March: 5 mile easy @ 8:27

Nice and handy run after work - first one with the bright evenings!! :)

Tuesday 28th March: 8 mile easy @ 8:20 w/ 10x15secs strides

Tired run at 5:30 am - first with the dark mornings :( but know will get that bit of brightness back shortly.

Wednesday 29th March:

AM: Session 1 - 7 mile with 12x400mtrs with 200jg rec.

Out before work down at the local gaa track for this. Perfect morning for a run and was actually looking forward to this. Target was 84 seconds and comfortably hot 80-82 on all these. The shorter jog recovery took a bit of getting used to after Jack D's more generous recoveries.

PM: Session 2 - 4 mile with 7x400 mtrs with as long as we liked recovery.

Probably not the brightest thing I've ever done but was going to athletics with the young lad anyway so was dressing for a recovery run. 2 of the masters were doing track work and asked me to join them. There was only 2 of them so agreed. They are both very good sprinters with both having medalled in All-Irelands in recent years. First one was 70 seconds so I knew I would be working hard. Long recoveries were welcome but it turned into a bit of a doozy of a workout. We hit 67 for one rep and I was in ribbons but still kept going. Thankfully they called it after 7 reps!!

Daily total: 11 miles

Thursday 30th March: 4 mile rec @ 9:15

Unsurprisingly legs were in tatters so headed out for a very gentle recovery run.

Friday 31st March: 7 mile with 2 @ 6:20

Legs were still in ribbons so was dreading this and needed 4 miles before I felt I could get them working at tempo pace. 2 miles came in at 6:15 and 6:18 on the track (made this one as easy as possible on myself!!) so happy with that.

March Total: 211.9 miles
    YTD: 611.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I'm enjoying your training - seems like you are enjoying it.

Having finished it - Whats you overall assessment of the JD plan??

I'm enjoying your training - seems like you are enjoying it.

Having finished it - Whats you overall assessment of the JD plan??

Glad you are enjoying it - yes I'm enjoying it too.

Overall assessment of JD plan - it's bloody tough but it leaves you in good shape if you can handle it. I think it was pconn or maybe beepbeep that warned me here before that there is a fine line with JD of leaving you in great shape or leaving you burned out. This time around I think I was in the burned out part of the spectrum. That has probably more to do with me and the hours I am putting in with work than the plan.

I still think the plan has brought me on a hell of a lot and I will reap the benefits of it in this cycle or the next.

Amazingly I found the MP runs easy enough but really struggled with the Threshold runs. Again this was more to do with squeezing the runs in at non optimum times!

You seem to be going well with it and I'm very interested in seeing how you go and watch the PB's tumble for you!!

• Advertisement

Saturday 1st April: 12 miles LSR @ 8:18

Had to squeeze the long run in while Mrs BinB took the kids to football training to let me get out. Thankfully I brought the phone with me to listen to a podcast and was doing a loop as I got a frantic call 4 mile in looking for football boots! They were in the boot of my car which I had parked in town :o. Ran back to car, dropped off boots and finished run.

Sunday 2nd April: 6 mile @ 8:09

Young lad had a county athletics event in the morning and I was helped out with the turbo javelin officiating and was a zone judge for the relays. Being allergic to the track it was an education - every day is a school day!!

Young lad got a silver in the 300mtrs (would have been gold if he had to run to the right finish line) and was rightly thrilled with himself.

Managed to get out for a run when we finished and got a lovely gentle 6 mile in the sun done. Threw in 8 x 20sec strides over the last mile.
    Followed with a core workout in the evening.

Monday 3rd April: 5 mile rec @ 8:42

Nice recovery run with 10 x 20 sec strides thrown in.

Tuesday 4th April: 8 mile @ 8:39

Late night run with running buddy. Missed my usual 5:30 am run due to a crap nights sleep so thankfully running buddy answered the call as motivation was low!!

Wednesday 5th April: 5 mile @ 8:26

After spending the day in Belfast and sitting for ages in traffic got out with a few of the lads from the club for this while the young lad was training. Enjoyable few miles at a handy pace.

Thursday 6th May: 7.5 mile with 10 x 80 sec hills

Went out just before dark for this and done a 2.5 mile warm-up run at a very handy pace. Weather was perfect for it - dead calm and not too warm.

Done this on the same hill I done the 8x 80 hills a few weeks back so could judge how this one compared to that. On the first one got to about 10metres further than previous session best so just took that as my target for this. Recovery was a jog back to the bottom of the hill. First 6 or 7 were not too bad but after that I really started feeling this in the legs. Was hanging on for dear life over the last two but managed to hit the same spot in the 80 seconds.

Done a 1 mile slow jog back to the house to finish it out. Toughest session I've done in a while but happy out with it. Done a 30 minute core workout after it too so good days work.

Friday 7th April: 7 mile easy @ 8:33 avg pace w 8x20s strides

Set the alarm for 5:20 and amazingly got out of bed when it went off - was wrecked though. Legs were feeling tender after the hills but was a perfect morning for running and just zoned out listening to a podcast. Was surprised that the legs weren't too bad doing the strides.

Saturday: 8 miles with 2mile @ 10k pace; 4x1mile @ 10k pace

Had a busy morning with football training, mowing lawns, digging out on oak tree and other stuff, so wasn't feeling overly confident about this. Rest of the clan headed for the circus that was in town so had a sneaky 20min nap before heading out. Went to the gaa pitch track and was feeling even less confident when I saw the car saying it was 17 degrees. It certainly felt like it too. Done a nice wee leg loosening 1 mile warm-up and got into this before I talked myself out of it. The first few laps were tough and I thought I was in for a long slog. It got better and was feeling ok when the first mile measured at 5:52. Second mile flew by and comfortably hit the target pace 6:01.

Had a three minute standing recovery before the 1 mile reps (2min standing recovery between these)

These were just a matter of grinding out the miles on very tired legs. Splits were 5:54; 5:54; 5:56; 5:59
    Had myself a wee lie down on the pitch after the last mile interval before doing a 1 mile cool-down. Absolutely delighted with this workout.

Was flaked after this and feel asleep on the couch and was only woken by the return of the circus goers!!

Still managed a kick around with the kids and a 30min core workout.

I'll sleep tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

That's some training in the last 3 days! Fantastic stuff, well done. Feet up today I hope ?

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    That's some training in the last 3 days! Fantastic stuff, well done. Feet up today I hope ?

Thanks. Only 13 mile today at stupid o clock but am sitting at a bar with a pint in my hand watching the golf. It's all about balance!!

Sunday 9th April@ 13.15 miles @ 7:56

Had to get up at the crack of dawn to get this done as was heading to Wexford for a wee holiday with the family. It was tough to get out the door but once I did and woke up after a few miles, I had to force myself to slow down.

Weekly Total: 53.65 miles

Monday 10th April: 5.65 miles @ 8:37

Snuck out while the rest where getting ready for dinner and just ran from the hotel through Wexford town. Nice to get a change of scenery and kept it nice and handy.

Tuesday 11th April: 6 mile @ 8:27

Headed out after the drive back from Wexford and done my usual route around town. Was fairly tired so left it at 6.

Wednesday 12th April: 8.4miles @ 8:21

Had no real plan as am using this week as a step back week to allow the body recover from a few tough weeks training. So when I got a call from one of the lads from the club for a run, I decided to go with his plan. He had a MLR planned so just went with that. Miles flew by as we solved the worlds problems!!

Thursday 13th April: Rest

Woke up with a bit of a head cold so decided to take a rare rest day to let the body recover.

Friday 14th April: 2 easy, 3 fastish miles, 2 easy

Had no real plan for today but knew one of the lads from the club was looking for someone to do a session with him so I put the hand up to accompany him.

So headed to the track to meet him and find out what we would be doing. Track was out of commission so we headed out on the roads with no real plan so after 2 mile easy we decided to speed up a bit. Was a gradual speed up as first mile was nearly all uphill. Hit 7:14 for first mile and then hit 7:16 for next mile even though it had levelled off terrain wise. So opened up the throttle for the next mile and hit 6:14 for it. Finished with another 2 mile cool down.

A bit of a makey-up one and not sure if it was of any benefit but it was good to get out.

Saturday 15th April: 8 miles @ 8:10 avg pace

After a busy morning doing lots of jobs around the garden and a spot of skip filling, headed out to the forest trails for this. It was surprisingly warm out and combined with the tiredness it made this tougher than it should be - still haven't shaken the head cold either.

Sunday 16th April: 4 miles @ 8:47 avg pace

Decided that I would leave the long run until another day as was feeling a little tender and tired after a few late beers and some whiskey!. Dragged myself down to local Gaa pitch before dinner and ambled slowly around for 4 miles.

Weekly total: 39.05 miles

Monday 17th April: 10 miles with 9 @ MP with 6 x 20 strides

I was feeling a little guilty about the easy week and unstructured running last week so decided to do one of the Jack Daniels long run with MP miles from his 10k pace. I've always found these daunting but they are a nice confidence builder. So set the alarm for 7 am and got the porridge into me before getting out the door. Decided to get stuck into the MP from the word go and soon hit the pace. Was struggling a wee bit over the first few miles but eventually found my rhythm and the miles clicked by. Done a cool down mile after the 9 MP and threw in 6 x 20 sec strides to round it off.

Splits for MP miles: 6:56; 6:39; 6:49; 6:49; 6:49; 6:53; 6:54; 6:56; 6:56;
    Avg 6:51

Happy out with this and managed it without too much discomfort. Now to get back on plan and track this week!

very well done - straight from the off. I could never do that.

very well done - straight from the off. I could never do that.

Thanks - it was mainly to make sure I didn't talk myself out of doing it!!

Tuesday 18th April:8 easy @ 8:17 with 10 x 20 sec strides:

Watch says I done this and it couldn't be wrong!

Ended up taking the rest of the week off as I was struggling with seasonal allergies/sinuses and was starting to feel the beginnings of a chest infection so decided it would be best to allow it to clear.

Monday 24th: 3.5 mile @ 8:30 avg pace

An exploratory run to see if I had recovered and happy to report I was over it.

Tuesday 25th: 8 mile @ 8:18 avg pace w 10 x 15sec strides

Up and out at the crack of dawn for this in full winter gear. I was nearly crying from the pain in my fingers after a few miles even with my gloves on it was that cold. By the time I got back to the car I thought they would fall off. Still happy I got out!!

Wednesday 26th: 1 easy, 2 mile @ 10k pace, 1.5 mile @ 10k pace, 2x1 mile @ 10k pace, 1 easy

With hindsight this was probably a bad idea to try first thing in the morning but was under enormous time pressure so it was the only chance I would get to do it. Started with an easy mile warm-up before getting into it.

First 2 mile at goal 10k pace came in at 11:52 with the first mile a tad too quick at 5:52. Was feeling it after this. 5:51; 6:01

A four minute standing recovery before the next planned 2 mile.
    First mil was 5:56 but was in a world of pain before it was over and was paying for the quick first start. Managed to struggle on for another half mile of the planned second mile but pulled the plug as I was in bits. 5:56; 3:01

Another four minute recovery and was entertaining thoughts of doing another 1.5 mile instead of 1 to make up for bailing early but thought the better of it and left it at 1. Was a bit more comfortable but still found it tough 6:02

Last one was fine as I knew I was nearly finished and managed it in 6:02

Finished with a 1 mile cool down for 7.5 mile total.

Will give this another go next week!

Thursday 27th: 7 mile @ 8:19 with 8 x 15sec strides

Another early morning run but at least it was a lot milder. Was tired for this after a few busy days with work but nothing major.

Friday 28th: 5 mile easy @ 8:27

Got out while the rest of the clan went swimming and just ran from the house out the main road and back - nice and simple!

Saturday 29th: 13 mile LSR @ 13 mile @ 8:01

Have a busy day tomorrow so decided to get the long run in a day early. Headed out after lunch and while feeling tired early on, this went by without too much bother.

• Advertisement

Sunday 30th April: 6 mile including county track and field 3k:

It was county track and field championship so I stuck my name down for the 3k and headed off with the young lad who was doing his first track and field championship -he was entered for the long jump and a 300mtrs.

Masters were first and 3k was the third event and had a decent sized field of 10 or 11. I always find it tougher on the 300mtr track as 10 laps seems such a big amount. It was quiet windy so I decided I would just stay behind the leaders for the first few laps and see where I was then. The field sorted itself out after the first laps and I was nicely tucked in in third place. I knew second was running way too hard but the guy leading was an unknown quantity as I'd never seen him run before but thought he might be a fair bit faster than me. 2 more laps ticked by with no changes and then sure enough second fell away leaving myself and the lead guy. I kept behind him about 3 metres and was nicely shielded from the worst of the wind. I was feeling fairly comfortable at the half way mark so decided I would up the pace with two laps to go and see would lead guy respond.

However, on the 7 laps I thought the pace was slowing so decided to up it or we would get dragging back into the chasing group and I really didn't want that. Lead guy never responded to the upped pace and after I passed him I kept increasing the pace and had a good healthy lead starting into the 8th lap. By now I was starting to lap some of the back of the field and unsure what was happening so with 200 to go I just put the boot down and emptied the tank and finished with about 10 seconds to spare from second place.

I never started the watch so no idea of the time but it was definitely not near PB territory. Happy with the win but under no illusions about the fact that a lot of the top runners were missing. Young lad won a gold in the long jump with his first jump of the day so two happy bunnies heading home!!

April total: 165.7 miles

YTD: 766.5 miles

Monday 1st May: 6.25 miles @ 8:13 avg pace

New month - new runnersand broke them in with a handy run after a few beers the nights before so nice to clear the head with this.

Also managed a 30 minute core work out.

Tuesday 2nd May: 8 miles

The garmin never charged so couldn't time it. Got out for 5:30 am and nice to do this in great weather and now fully bright!

Wednesday 3rd May: 8 miles @ 8:18 with 10 x 15sec strides

Another 5:30 am start for this and another great morning for running. Loving this weather.

Thursday 4th May: 1 easy, 2mile @ 6:00 pace, 2 mile @ 6:00 pace, 2x 1 mile @ 6:00 pace, 1 easy

Having failed on this the previous week, I decided to give in to stubborness and give this another rattle.

First 2 mile, I paced it well and felt good and strong throughout 5:57; 6:00

4 minute recovery before next 2. Hit the first mile in 5:55 and although this started to feel tough - both legs and lungs - I was never in danger of not finishing it and hit the second mile in 6:01

Another 4 minute recovery before the single miles, which felt relatively easy after the 2 miles! 5:59; 6:00

Very happy with this and gives me a nice wee boost in confidence.

Friday 5th May: Rest

Work has been bonkers busy lately with regular 10-12 hour days but usually hasn't effected the running (just means I have barely time to log here and no time to catch up on other logs :() but today I simply couldn't fit a run in!

Saturday 6th May: 6 miles with 3 @ 6:20

Spent the day catching up with diy and jobs around the house so it was evening before I got a window to get out. Was feeling tired and a bit thirsty heading out so was wary of this!

Done 1.5 mile warm-up and then got up to 6:20 avg pace. This felt tough but I relaxed and eventually found my grove. Done this as an out an back and second mile was tough as for the first half I was running into a stiff wind and the second half was up a bit of a long drag. Third mile was fine and felt strong finishing: 6:20; 6:28; 6:20

Bit miffed not to hit the three on target but not too bad!

Sunday 7th May: 13.25 miles @ 7:57 avg pace

It was hot, I was in the zone and enjoyed this thoroughly - that's all I can remember

Weekly Total: 49.5 miles

Monday 8th May: 5 mile rec @ 8:32 avg pace

No recollection of this at all.

Tuesday 9th May: 8 mile @ 8:14 avg pace w 10x15 sec strides

Crack of dawn run- nice and handy. Legs feeling fresh

Wednesday 10th May: 7 mile @ 8:11 avg pace

Under pressure for time so confined this to 7 mile instead of 8.

Thursday 11th May 1.5 mile easy, 20 x200 @ 5kpace w/200 jog, 1.5 easy

Down to the local gaa pitch track for this and thankfully there was an under 16 game on the main pitch to distract me from thinking about the number of laps I had to do.

Kept all the 200s between 38 and 40 secs. A nice wee workout

Total 8 miles:

Friday 12th May: Rest

Saturday 13th May: 10 mile @ 8:11 avg pace

With a race on Sunday confined the long run to 10 mile. Headed out in absolutely biblical rain and got soaked to the bone, running through rivers of water running down the street. Still the ground was bone dry by the time I finished.

Sunday 14th May: 5 mile including 1,500mtr race @ 4:55

My debut at this distance as part of the Setanta games - a new championship between Cavan and Meath clubs. As it was held in Clones, I was also expecting a few Monaghan athletes too. However, number were fairly low but hopefully that will change for next year as this gains momentum.

Anyhow given the low numbers it was decided to run the masters and seniors together so I came up with a cunning plan having never run this distance before! One of our seniors has been improving rapidly since he went to college and while I was beating him last year regularly he now has a 17:02 5k under his belt and is flying. So I decided to target his back and see could I hang on for as long as possible.

Race started and as expected a Clones athlete flew ahead followed by another of our seniors. I followed the plan of sticking too my target and was on his shoulder for the first lap. First 400mtrs was done in 74secs and happy with that, especially as there was a strong headwind on track. I was still hanging on grimly over the next 2 laps and started getting carried away. I decided to make a move with 200mtrs to go and moved ahead but was soon put back in my box as target put the boot down and left me for dead :o:o. I still only finished 1 second behind him.

Was happy enough with 4:55 as I had said starting out that I wanted a sub 5.

Weekly Total: 43 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Well done on a great time. Nice initiative between the county clubs, be good to see it take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

4:55 is quite a bit under sub 5! and you only finished 1 second behind someone who's in college, that sounds like a win win win to me, nice job!

thats a fantastic time! - given the 20x200's and a 10miler a few days previous, its even better!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Great racing, you are in great shape.

Though of you straight away when I heard Cavan & Meath had combined to form the Setanta games. A great initiative and I would have loved to partake but the distance to travel just didn't fit in when I had other commitments. I do hope they alternate the location annually!

Well done on a great time. Nice initiative between the county clubs, be good to see it take off.
    4:55 is quite a bit under sub 5! and you only finished 1 second behind someone who's in college, that sounds like a win win win to me, nice job!
    thats a fantastic time! - given the 20x200's and a 10miler a few days previous, its even better!!
    Younganne wrote: »
    Great racing, you are in great shape.

Though of you straight away when I heard Cavan & Meath had combined to form the Setanta games. A great initiative and I would have loved to partake but the distance to travel just didn't fit in when I had other commitments. I do hope they alternate the location annually!

Thanks folks. Yep, a great initiative and hopefully it will grow from strength to strength.

Overall I'm happy with the time and I forgot to mention I did get the masters gold :o so all in all a good day although I suspect I will never get near the gold again but will take it. :D

I could get used to this track lark - will defo do more 1500's and will have a bash at paced miles over the summer. I would do Northern Ireland masters in July but am on the summer hols with the family.

Monday 15th May: 4 mile recovery @ 9:02 avg pace

Nice and handy and well needed recovery run after work. Legs were in bits after previous days run.

Tuesday 16th May: 8 mile @ 8:20 avg pace w/ 10x15sec strides

5:30 am run around town. Legs in much better form so all good.

Wednesday 17th May: 6.3 miles @ 8:17 avg pace

Was in Dublin all day so had to sneak in a run late so done a shorter loop around town. Legs in good shape but was feeling tired.

Ended up catching a stomach bug and missing the rest of the week as a result including a planned local 10k on the Sunday.

• Advertisement

Monday 22nd May: 5 mile @ 8:44

Feeling like I was on the mend, I headed out at 5:30 am for this deciding to only chance 5 miles as stomach was still a bit iffy. Got through it fine but wouldn't have made another mile :o.

Tuesday 23rd May: Rest

Bug came back with a vengeance so ended up spending the day in bed.

Wednesday 24th May: 7 mile @ 8:26

Definitely better so got out at 5:30 and managed 7 miles nice and easy around town in the sunshine. Bliss :)

Thursday 25th May: 6 mile with 1.5 @ 6:30, 1 @ 6:30, 0.5 @ 6:30,

I'm a bit off plan at the minute and feeling like the training is a bit aimless but decided I would get some faster stuff done today. Also decided not to flog myself so headed out at lunchtime with no specific plan. Had thought of doing 3mile @ 6:20 pace but the 25 degrees and sub beating down made me rethink that plan!!!

Made it up as I went along but reasonably happy with this. I took 4 minutes walking break after 1st fast bit and 3 minutes between next set.

Then spent last 1.5 recovery mile dealing with work calls!!

Splits were:
    1.5 miles @ 6:30 avg pace
    1 mile @ 6:26 avg pace
    0.5 mile @ 6:21 avg pace

Total: 6 miles

Advertisement