Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train Station

Options
  • 07-11-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

So, in the new year, I'll be commuting to Dublin via train. How busy is the car park at the train station at 7:00am? Is there likely to be any parking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Froshtbit wrote: »
    So, in the new year, I'll be commuting to Dublin via train. How busy is the car park at the train station at 7:00am? Is there likely to be any parking?

You should be ok at 0700 but any later and you'd be lucky to get a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Froshtbit

Any such thing as an overflow?

No but they do have an arrangement with the.multi storey at the heritage hotel to price match. €10 for the week.

Thanks for the help. How do I avail of that?

Just tell them you're a commuter. They have fliers about it at the ticket office in the station.

• Advertisement

THanks. I'll have a look. I might even see about the bike to work scheme and see if I cant get a bike. ANother silly queston, how busy are the commuter lines?

You'll always get a seat from portlaoise. They fill up a goodbit from Kildare in. 0654 train does be quiet enough. Bikes are safe enough since they put cameras facing the bike racks.

Good. THanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is the multi-storey arrangement mentioned above still in place, 3 years on?
    Thanks as always.

http://www.irishrail.ie/travel-information/station-car-parking
    From the 26th February 2018, APCOA will replace Parkbytext as the new car parking operators at Iarnród Éireann stations. Customers who are registered with Parkbytext will need to register with APCOA Connect directly as customer information will not be transferred across. Customers can register with APCOA Connect before the 26th February, but will not be able to pay for parking with APCOA Connect until available in their selected station. Customers can start using APCOA Connect as soon as they see the APCOA signs in our station car parks.

etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Is the multi-storey arrangement mentioned above still in place, 3 years on?
    Thanks as always.

etc

No, they finished that offer once the new owners took over the multistory. You can park there with the new system they have but it's quite expensive if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Should be fine to be honest

Advertisement