Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one not taking screen shot

Options
  • 08-11-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

No matter what I do, I can't take a screen shot on the Xbone

Double tap xbox guide button and they Y, up comes something on the right hand side of the screen but keeps either disappearing or doing nothing.

I've also went into settings and endured everything necessary was checked, no luck still.

Im on the standard release of the dashboard.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

amadablam wrote: »
    No matter what I do, I can't take a screen shot on the Xbone

Double tap xbox guide button and they Y, up comes something on the right hand side of the screen but keeps either disappearing or doing nothing.

I've also went into settings and endured everything necessary was checked, no luck still.

Im on the standard release of the dashboard.

Any ideas?

Sorry if you've already done this, but have you checked that the screenshots are in Upload? Should be in the "My Captures" section?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

CatInABox wrote: »
    Sorry if you've already done this, but have you checked that the screenshots are in Upload? Should be in the "My Captures" section?

Cheers CIAB, no luck though :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just out of curiosity, where/what are you trying to take a screenshot?

Just out of curiosity, where/what are you trying to take a screenshot?

Just trying to take a few in game shots :(

Try quitting out of all apps like Netflix, they can stop screenshots in their own apps, perhaps they're stopping it outside of the app too accidentally?

• Advertisement

Try quitting out of all apps like Netflix, they can stop screenshots in their own apps, perhaps they're stopping it outside of the app too accidentally?

Thanks CIAB, tried everything, no luck. Really frustrating as its probably something ridiculously small that I am missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

did it ever at any point work for you?

'xbox, record that' work - or can you record gameplay clips?

check if 'game dvr' is enabled in settings,

and also, theres a nagging memory that I had to set up a onedrive account way back in the day to enable certain features.

all of the above are only ideas mind.

from a quick google, someone else suggested this

"Go under Settings->Preferences.

Make sure you have the option "Allow broadcasts and game captures" checked. If you have that option disabled, the prompt to take clips and screenshots won't show up when you double-tap the Xbox button while in game."

did it ever at any point work for you?

'xbox, record that' work - or can you record gameplay clips?

check if 'game dvr' is enabled in settings,

and also, theres a nagging memory that I had to set up a onedrive account way back in the day to enable certain features.

all of the above are only ideas mind.

from a quick google, someone else suggested this

"Go under Settings->Preferences.

Make sure you have the option "Allow broadcasts and game captures" checked. If you have that option disabled, the prompt to take clips and screenshots won't show up when you double-tap the Xbox button while in game."

Thanks Stone Deaf,

To be honest, I hadnt tried taking screen shots until recently, mainly Forza 6 spurned me on :D

Ive the setting for broadcast selected, I event thought about doing a factory reset but havent done it yet. possible with the next update, it might work although my console is currently up to date.

Must check out the one drive account too and see if I have that done already.

When i do double click Xbox button then Y I get three squares on the right hand side of the screen but cant select them, they also seem to disappear a bit when I try to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

amadablam wrote: »
    Thanks Stone Deaf,

To be honest, I hadnt tried taking screen shots until recently, mainly Forza 6 spurned me on :D

Ive the setting for broadcast selected, I event thought about doing a factory reset but havent done it yet. possible with the next update, it might work although my console is currently up to date.

Must check out the one drive account too and see if I have that done already.

When i do double click Xbox button then Y I get three squares on the right hand side of the screen but cant select them, they also seem to disappear a bit when I try to.

the new dashboard update is the day after tomorrow anyway, so you don't have long to wait in any event!

All sorted since the new update on Thursday :) now I can effectively bore everyone on my friends list with my mediocre gaming prowess :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement