Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SO how about these 'discounts'

Options
  • 08-11-2015 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

While going through three years of paying my Electric Ireland bills I found I have _never_ received any of the discounts that come with paying through DD and getting e-bills .. Not once.

This is slightly disturbing especially how this has probably now cost me close to a 1000 euro. One the one hand I guess I did not really check, but on the other it should be automatic that this happens when paying through DD and using e-billing right. I guess it is one of those things they are aware happens when people automate their payments and they're happy to not say a word.. 

Guess it's time to switch especially since it would appear EI is not exactly the most cost effective solution around.. I somehow expect it would be quite the struggle to get this sorted and refunded and it may not be worth my time and effort.. 

Competition will probably be happy to see me knock on their door..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi paulheu,

Thanks for your message.

Have you contacted Electric Ireland previously regarding applying a discounted price plan to your account? If so and this was not applied could you please provide us with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into why these discounts may not have been added to your account.

Price plans and discounts with Electric Ireland are subject to Terms and Conditions, and customers must be advised of these prior to being applied to any account. Discounts cannot be applied until a customer agrees to these conditions and enters into a fixed term contract, the discounts would last the duration of this period. As discounts change frequently Electric Ireland would not be in a position to make decisions for customers regarding which price plans they would like applied to their accounts.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement