Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog will not go through doorway's

• 08-11-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

About 6 months ago myself and oh had to go abroad for a few days leaving a family member looking after our 4 year old dog..
    When we came home we noticed he would not go through the open living room door. He comes out off the kitchen and stands and looks into the living room and if we pretend not to notice him he scrapes his paw on the floor until someone gets up and walks along side him. if he is desperate he will dart in eg if someone has food.
    Its the same when he is in the living room he will not pass the door to go to the kitchen. There is a short hall way between the two. But sometimes when he is going in this direction he forgets himself and walks on

I have tried putting little bits of ham on the places where he refuses to pass but he will stand looking at it but wont budge

We have also tried a mat in the hall but no good either.

What we think happened was there was a floorboard a bit loose in the hall way and that he might have got his foot nipped

I wouldn't even ask the dogsitter because she wouldn't even remember

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Did the minder come to your home or did the dog go to thiers? How do you know they wouldn't remember? I would ask anyway. Is it possible he got the door closed on him or was behind the door when someone opened it and got hit by it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Did the minder come to your home or did the dog go to thiers? How do you know they wouldn't remember? I would ask anyway. Is it possible he got the door closed on him or was behind the door when someone opened it and got hit by it?

The minder came to our home I would think that if they witnessed anything happening they would have said because they know how much the dog means to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Obviously I don't know them, but for a lot of people - dog got a little knock, every thing's fine, no damage done - not worth mentioning. I would just ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

How mong has it been since it happened.. It really does sound like something happened while ye were away.. Not saying now it is the sitters fault it could have been something as simple as slipping..

I would say continue what ye are doing and just have a lot of patience... Don't get up to walk him in let him do it himself.... just be persistent and maybe have treats on hand for when he does take the big step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

As AJ has said maybe the dog got caught by the door and is now wary of it. One of mine wont go through a doorway if someone is standing in it the rest all just skirt around you but not this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement