Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help planning an all day Saturday session in Cork?

Options
  • 08-11-2015 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I moved over to cork from England a few months ago.

I've been to a fair few pubs around town and already have a few favourites but I've not really been for a full Saturday night out yet.

I've got a few mates from home coming over in a few weeks and I'm trying to plan out a satruday all day session.

Bearing in mind that I'm more of a pub person than a clubber and the average age of our group is about 38 where would you recommend?

I've already got plans to take in the following.....
    bierhaus
    Franciscan Well
    Rising Sons
    The woodshed (sports bar for the football)

I'm struggling to pull together a decent pub crawl around this.

Bearing in mind I also love places like Mutton lane, the Abbott Ale House, an brog, the oval, and other such quirky little old man bars and Love a bit of real ale!

In an ideal world I'd like somewhere with a good bit of indie music (ie oasis, stones roses, stereo phones etc).

Some of my mates have different tastes too so at least one fancy cocktail type bar or at least a bit fancy might be of use too.

Having looked around I've also seen the Hi b bar? And Crane Lane but have never been, any thoughts?

Anyway all suggestions and advice welcome, thanks in advance

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Costigans and the Wash on Washington street maybe? I'm personally not a fan of the Crane Lane unless there's a band I want to see playing. It's a bit too hipsterish for me. You could just wander down Oliver Plunkett street and along the side streets and stop in every bar ... You've got Counihans, the Bodhran, old oak, the Oliver Plunkett and loads more. Never been to Hi-B but heard loads about it. The owner is temperamental to say the least and has been known to kick people out for using their phones, talking too loud and whatever else he didn't like. I think the daughter has taken over now though and might be a bit more easygoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I think the daughter has taken over now though and might be a bit more easygoing.[/QUOTE]

She's not,:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

aujopimur wrote: »
    I think the daughter has taken over now though and might be a bit more easygoing.

She's not,:D.[/quote]

Good! It would be a pity if it turned into any old pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Goaldigger10

Thanks for the advice guys, will bear it all in mind, yeah a mix of the bars on Oliver plunket street may be a good idea, plenty of choice.

Thanks again

Advertisement