Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Dublin travel time with traffic

• 08-11-2015 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

So, need to be in Dublin at 9:30, just wondering what time I need to leave limerick at? Usually the drive takes 2 hours but this will be the first time I'll be doing it at peak rush hour. I'm guessing i'll hit lots if traffic from naas on if not earlier then I need to travel across the m50 to finglas.

Any travel times for even parts of the drive at that time of the morning appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭listermint

eoin956 wrote: »
    So, need to be in Dublin at 9:30, just wondering what time I need to leave limerick at? Usually the drive takes 2 hours but this will be the first time I'll be doing it at peak rush hour. I'm guessing i'll hit lots if traffic from naas on if not earlier then I need to travel across the m50 to finglas.

Any travel times for even parts of the drive at that time of the morning appreciated!!!

Well youve only a half hour you may have to fly to get there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You would need to be passing naas at 8am...so leave at 6.30am at latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin956

listermint wrote: »
    Well youve only a half hour you may have to fly to get there now

Suppose I should have said 9:30, tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

You'll get to the M50 in about two hours but after that it depends on where you're going and if you need to find parking.

I'd give myself the full three hours to get to most destinations in the city centre or south Dublin. I give myself a bit more than the three hours for north Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd be aiming to be passing finnegans at 7am. Traffic is faster now that the flyover is open at newlands cross so no more stopping at traffic lights.

On the m50 rush hour traffic is heading mostly southbound in the morning and northbound in the evening.

I say this as someone who has driven to Dundalk and back for years on those roads at rush hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin956

Berty wrote: »
    I'd be aiming to be passing finnegans at 7am. Traffic is faster now that the flyover is open at newlands cross so no more stopping at traffic lights.

On the m50 rush hour traffic is heading mostly southbound in the morning and northbound in the evening.

I say this as someone who has driven to Dundalk and back for years on those roads at rush hour.

Is that Finnegan's in Limerick, over near castletroy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

eoin956 wrote: »
    Is that Finnegan's in Limerick, over near castletroy?

Yes sorry. Just using it as an example rather saying it would take that long if you left from thomondgate having to also cross the city.

Advertisement