Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alergy Testing Cork or Dublin

Options
  • 08-11-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone any good experience of alergy testing in Cork or Dublin. I suffer from stomach cramps and am convinced I must be alergic to something. I watch my diet but contineously struggle with my weight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

"Allergy" is a word that is chucked around an awful lot by people who either don't know what it means, or want to exploit those who don't know what it means.

If you are allergic to something, it makes you break out in a rash, or hives, or it makes your nose run and makes you sneeze, or in extreme cases makes you stop breathing.

If you've got stomach cramps, see your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

An allergy is another name for a Type I Hypersensitivity reaction. That's the one that can (doesn't always) cause death by anaphylaxis. Peanuts, penicillin, etc are common triggers. It's caused by making antibodies (IgE) against the trigger. So allergies are diagnosed by testing for IgE antibodies.
    Your GP will be able to order the tests if your symptoms warrant it.

Advertisement